Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help!!!--Present ideas for Fishing Obessed Boyfriend
Helloo!!
its almost my boyfriends birthday and I was just wondering if anyone had any good ideas for presents! He pretty much eat, sleeps and breathes fishing. I was going to go the typical get him a new guy harvey shirt route but I wanted something different!!
so any helpful ideas would be wonderful
thanks!!! Smile
if you know the type of fishing he likes to do

or give us the genneral location What, where and when he likes to fish we can figure out some great ideas...

we just need a little info to start...

Even if you are not in to fishing and havent a clue about it, when he is out of the house sneek a digital pic and post it here and we will be able to figure out what kind of fish he likes to target..
[signature]
hmm alright

the most fishing I have done with him has been saltwater
at the jetties in garden city, south carolina for flounder and bluefish

offshore is what he loves, it just doesnt happen very often.
he just got back from a King Mackerel tournament that he does every year
[signature]
safest bet is what i ask for every year and very happy with...a gift certificate to there favorite fishing store..whatever that place may bee..i love my shoping trip to gander mountain..rememer the bigger the amount the more fun they have[Wink]
[signature]
haha I did that already before!! i got him a bass pro shop gift card
[signature]
buying fishing equipment for guys is like trying to buy clothes for gals...never seems to work out as well as you thought..i wish you luck..
[signature]
I dont know what you have in mind to spend..

if he has a boat,

excessories are always great. New fancy horn, down rigger equipment if he has a down rigger.

GPS units are always great.

Marine Radio emergency distress radio if he dosnt have one. New Emergency Kit for his boat is always a pluss. "extinguisher, first aid kit, Emergency Lighting" Floatation smoke flairs, flair gun.

This is a great one for any type of fishing.. there is a combo "life jacket fly fishing vest". I dont know any one who wouldnt like one of those...

Fishing gloves with fish grips are good in cold weather trips.

A man can never have to many tackle boxes...

Fishing nets are great too, I have several for the different types of fishing I do. "size dose matter"

Terminal tackle is always a great gift, I can never have enuff of that stuff and it is always something I am constantly replacing most every year...

Like Lurch says, a man always loves a trip to the toy store. so getting him a gift that would make him have to go back to the toy store to get something additional to go with an Item you picked for him....

picking up a class #12 or #14 Flyrod "big enough for targeting tarpon" would make him have to go back and pick up a reel or flies...

If he dosnt have a boat, a half day chartered trip for the both of you is a winner.

If you have ever heard him talk about needing a fishing reel, Penn makes some of the best saltwater equipment on the market. They are great for targeting bottom feeders and trolling. "if your not sure you can peek in to the closet and see what the reels look like so you have an idea of what he likes in a spool" Jot down the make and modle and find one of eaual size and bells and wistles.

"if you havent already gotten him one" A laminated photo of a fish whith you holding it up for his wallet that he can show off to his fishing buddies at work and on the water.

You can look at the boat tralor to see if anything needs to be replaced on that as well, Lights, wench, wench cable, tires, Cover for when it is parked.

a coumpas or bell wouldnt be a bad idea either..
[signature]
wow! thank you so much!!
[signature]
Check out the advertising forum. I just found a post with a link for IhuntFish T-shirts.

I think I'll get a couple for X-mas presents.

--------------------------
Mike S.

Stayput Shallow Water Anchor Systems are the perfect addition to bass boats, flats boats or shallow water skiffs.
Developed for fishermen by fishermen.
[link not allowed]
[signature]