Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
surface action
Any of you that have been fishing the Provo had any luck on top? Are there still some fall baetis out there? Also curious if anyone has fished the Ogden lately and seen any fish working the surface.
Dont know about the provo but ogden has alot of surface activity taking beatis and even still some hoppers. stimulators working as well. Fish are moving off there redds and egg patterns are starting to produce. small nymphing is working as well your best bet is no weight and no indicator water is low and fish are some what spooky but will hold if you stay still and calm.
[signature]
walked along by the dino park the other day and saw lots of fish but not many working the top. its a fun place to get out for a quick fish or two...thanks
[signature]
I have been seeing allot of top action also, but I have been tossing a #16 to #18 haresear on a floating...sub surface, fast strip....It has been working great.
[signature]
dries have been fishing great during midday on the lower provo. i have been using a size 18 or 20 BWO with an olive RS2 trailing about 6-8 inches behind. should mention i have only gotten into fish on 6X or smaller with the lower water. i hit a great hatch on thursday and fishing was as fast as it gets for a little over an hour...even remembered the camera for once!
[signature]