Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gas Augers?
I'm thinking of replacing my old Eskimo Auger. Thinking of something 300 to 400 dollars. Any recommendations on model and where to get it?

Thanks,

Justin
[signature]
Anything with a Tecumseh engine will do you right. I've kinda been waiting to look at a 4 stroke engined one.
[signature]
tecumseh is out of business all the new ones have the same engine just like the old ones Im not sure how they went out of business when there on everything?
[signature]
I have Eskimo Mako runs like a champ but if I had to do it all over again and had 300 to 400 hundred Id go with

1. Jiffy Legend Lightning XT

2. Strikemaster Lazer Mag
[signature]
just an FYI. Tecumseh did not go out of bisiness, they may have cut back or discontinued that line with the economy like it is. I'm in the refrigeration field andwe use some of thier other product lines and know that most of thier factories are still operating in normal fashion.
[signature]
Thats good to hear I was told that and didnt question it. But they are killer engines. Thanks
[signature]
Tecumseh sold their engine line in 2007 and in October 2008 the new owners (Platinum Equity) cut their losses and closed the engine manufacturing plant for good. All that remains of the Tecusmseh engine company is the Peerless transmissions business when Husqvarna took over.

While other Tecumseh products may still exist, the engines are now a part of history. If you find something new, but with a Tecumseh engine on it, it is old stock and you will have dwindling support in the years to come.
[signature]