Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BEST LURES FOR RED FISH!!!
FISHING THE GULF FOR RED FISH: For you ocean fisherman what are the best lures used for Red Fish??? A group of us plan on doing some saltwater adventures for Red Fish and curiou what you all use....
[signature]
if not fishing a shrimp under a popping cork i like a nemire spoon a gold are (red) red ripper i've seen flounder chase them all the way to the top of the water good luck on your trip.
[signature]
Berkley "Gulp" shrimp!

[Image: JimRed01.jpg]
[signature]
RED FISH TOURNAMENTS:

Red Fish has developed reputation through the years as sports fish.... It is very unique because most are caught in the marshes and bay like areas.... Many say, some of the Red Fish's territory is being taking out because of eroded land being washed away because of rising ocean.... Do any of you forsee an problem in the near future or do you believe Red Fish population and land is substancial enough to last long time????

Lets face it, Red Fish is definately very fun fish to catch and extremely tough fish to bring in the boat.... Many anglers are starting to use lighter tackle to make the fish fight longer.... I've heard many different baits being used including Berkerly Gulp shrimp and many other artificial baits.....

The fish to me kind of looks like drum mixed with carp, but they are extremely fun fish to catch, and I definately can't wait to get to Louisiana this year to enjoy catching some big Reds......
[signature]
We have plenty of Red Drum here in Charleston,SC.
You can only keep three fish and they have to be between 15"-23". That helps the population for sure.

[Image: reelfishhead05.jpg]
[signature]
BIG RED FISH:

Outstanding picture you got there... I've been to Charleston, SC few times looking at the plantations.. We've took many trips to Myrtle Beach for vacations... It sounds like next time down to South Carolina I'm going to have to stop down and hook up with you all on some red fish...
[signature]
Come on down,,,,we have plenty!

In the summer months we have the big ones!

[Image: redfish30.jpg]
[signature]
WHAT A MONSTER RED FISH:
South Carolina I'm going to be coming down this year... I might even have to stop and look at the Boone Plantation again before I'm off doing some Red fishing....
[signature]
saltwater assasin
[signature]
It depends on how deep you will be looking for reds. If you are sight fishing in water 2ft deep or less, A 3" DOA shrimp is the way to do. If you will be fishing deeper, in heavy wind, or need to cast into the wind. A 3" DOA CAL tail on a 1/4 ounce jighead will catch redfish all through the state. If you will simply be blind casting, I would go with a 5.5" soft plastic jerkbait rigged weedless. A variety of fish, including reds will eat them.

Capt. Chris Myers
[url "http://www.floridafishinglesons.com"]Orlando Fishing Guide
[/url]
[signature]
I've done extremely well for reds on sand with a 1/6oz gold Crippled Herring on the Cape Romano flats, south of Marco Island, FL. Water is 10 feet or less. This metal jig is a killer for reds if you work it slowly over smooth bottom...nice flash and swimming action. Also, excellent for trout and pompano. It's a Luhr Jensen brand now marketed by Rapala.

Capt. Pete
[signature]