Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steelhead Rod
I recently completed for a client.

It's steelhead casting rod with a Batson graphite tubing grip set, a G. Loomis 1084 "Slate" blank, & Alps guide train.

I did a weave of the Loomis skeleton fish logo on top with his name on the opposite side.

The client saw a bass rod I built & had listed in the classified section of another forum and wanted the same look for his steelhead rod.
[signature]

Nice looking rod, I like that loomis weave, would you be willing to sell / give me a copy of the L-list. later chuck
[signature]
Chuck,
Do you want just the skeleton fish or the entire weave with both fish & text? I'd be happy to share the pattern(s) how ever you like.

email me
[url "mailto:rcadams1957@msn.com"]rcadams1957@msn.com[/url]
[signature]

just the skeleton fish would be cool, I have 4 loomis rods
3 I built and 1 store bought. that fish would look great on my gl-3 walleye jigging rod. I'll send you a email

thanks chuck
[signature]
Chuck,
Email received & reply with patterns sent.
[signature]
That's some of the most beautiful work I have ever seen! I have some pretty nice rods for salmon and steelhead, but no Loomis' yet. Eventually I hope to have one for each. . . and I'll probably be looking you up.
[signature]
Thanks Got-Bait!

The G. Loomis Rod company (owned by Shimano) stopped making blanks available for us custom rod builders but some models that have been on the market for a while can still be had. Just hard to find.

Gary Loomis has recently opened another business selling NEW blanks though. Check out North Fork Composites. New line of salmon/steelhead blanks coming soon!
[signature]