Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry and a wheeler?
Anyone know if Strawberry would be good for a wheeler? Is the slush out? Any info would be great.
[signature]
I was up there last saturday and there was no slush and UTV's and ATV's everywhere I was on the backside of haws point with mine.. No Slush 6 inches of snow on 10 inches of clear ice. Iced 47 fish between 4 of us. hop eit helps
[signature]
Did you leave from the Marina? I have never been on the ice on a wheeler I think it might freak me out a little. Maybe better call Geico and get some insurance.

[signature]
I went out on soldier creek with a wheeler 2 days ago with no problems.
[signature]
Last Saturday we drove down the frozen launch ramp at the marina and over to Haws but once there we crossed on shore and didn't drive over the ice fracture. I stepped close to the same fracture a few years ago just to look at it and went in up to my knee.
Even though the ice is thick enough to support a wheeler with two people, there are warm springs that you need to avoid. I think if you stay on a path made by someone else you should be pretty safe.
We drove all around Haws and Bryant's Fork w/o a problem.
Have fun.
Hey Guys Thanks Again weinerz4chops fishes 2 days a week. I appreciate everything. I will post when I get back and do some hotspotting. I want to help out all fellow fisherman. I am a true die-hard and if anyone out there wants to hook up PM me I would be glad to fish with anyone!!
[signature]