Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Walleye are Biting
After some tough weather this spring and early summer, mother nature has agreed to let me spend a few quality days on the Lake. I have managed to land my limit four out of six times out. Average size has been around three or four pounds. Great eating sizes. Last Monday 7-14 was probably the best day so far. Drifting and casting weight forward spinner baits has worked well. You have to work a little for the bite, but I'd rather cast all day for a couple of walleye than troll around and drag a bunch in.

Lo.La. numbers for Central basin Lake Erie that were producing a lot of fish are:

41.33.000 082.18.000

Basically, the eyes are stacked heavy in this area, but the bite has been very light and non agressive. If you get out there, cast and be patient with the strike. Most fish I caught were come backers-that is, after I missed the first strike, they would come for another taste...Big mistake!

That's my contribution toward the cause....Good luck.

PS Many trap nets are set out there, watch for the flags. 2 flags=north end and 1 signifies the south end.
[signature]
Eric,

Are you starting to get any ice up in your neck of the woods yet? I think the weather is going to stay cold for a while. How did the rest of your summer angling go?
[signature]
I heard that a few Walleye are Biting down in Buck Creek Park at the Clarence J Brown reservoir. I caught my first Ealleye there about 10 years ago and loved the catch. Thought some of you who can't get north to the Lake might like to know that
West Central Ohio has a few walleyes also.
[signature]