Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
pumphouse and goodwill
Went down to the pump out today got there around noon met my bud jeff[ aka the flash] about 25 people behind the gates not mutch goin on fish here and there set up in front of the gates and started to get some action untill some clown had to show up with an ax and went to bustin out the old holes well one thing ive learned is sound of that kind is not good.. so we moved out past a couple of elerdy gents [im old but not eldery] and started to wack small fish one after the other caught about 45 or so only a few that would have been keepers..it was still a ball. About 43o or so we went to leave and the eldery... ok the old guys were on their way out also. One of the guys had to use a cane to move around on the ice and it was evedent that they could use some help. God bless my bud jeff he went over to the couple and asked if he could pull the sled for him[the one with the cane] after a few seconds of thought the gent said ok and could you leave it by the gate.he said im sure they thought we were going to steal it or something. that brings me to the piont of this post... WE NEED TO TAKE CARE OF ONE AOINTHER. it dosent matter what race we are or if the guy over there caught more fish that dont matter!! We can all use help now and then god bless my bud he has a heart and a soul that does not happen verry mutch in this day and age
[signature]
Well done, one day that's going to be my old butt out on the ice and I hope there are still people like your friend to offer help.
[signature]
Good to hear that report. Good deeds like that make the world go round.
[signature]
I was there from 7:30 to 11:30. I was inside the gates and there were only two other guys until about 10am. As for catching, I landed a lot of gills, but only a handful were of any size. Also landed 1 perch and two small crappies.

At about 11am, everybody and their kids came out, which wasn't too bad since I was about to leave. As for clowns, a group of three showed up. One hand an ax and one had a chainsaw. Yes, a chainsaw. It took him like 10 minutes to get his square hole sawed. Then the guy with an ax went to town after that and it took him another 10 minutes to get done. All of this happening within 15 feet of myself. And as far as I can tell, it didn't affect my fishing too much, but it was still annoying. Then again, it is the pump house and I have to remind myself to be patient since a lot of people who go there are new to the hard deck.

And it is good to hear that the two elderly guys had a long day of fishing. They showed just after I did at the crack of dawn. I hope I am still fishing when I need a cane to walk. [fishin]
[signature]