Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lake Erie Report
[font "Arial"][size 2][/size][/font]Hi Eric, seems this report is just for you. Not many come to view this board.

I have been fishing every day and not much time to post here. Sorry.

Walleye are stacked from Michigan to and beyond Middle Sister. I have been fishing close to the Canadian line for the past two weeks. Most days we get out limit.

Fish size varies greatly. Any where from 15 to 28 inches. We are still using the Weapon and bottom bouncers. Bottom bouncers cranked up 4 cranks has worked well. When the marks disappear from your fishfinder, fish the weapon or weight forward high. 5 count with the weapon 10 count with the weight forward. They are still there just up to high to mark. They avoid the boat when they are high in the water column.

Lately I have been fishing 041.49.00 N 083. 06.00 W.

Good luck

P.S. I took today off ....
[signature]
Thanks for the tip Captain. I wish I could get out more often, I suppose I'll have to wait for retirement for that to happen. (30 yrs or so) I used to stay on Marblehead for a week every year. Usually we had to make the long trip up to the Sister Islands for a good catch. One year we did unblievably well right off the Marblehead lighthouse. Like I say, that was one year. I sure miss those trips. All the crew I used to go with has either passed away or gotten too busy or something. Anyway, the Marina Restaurant has torn down the house we used to rent. Maybe you know the place? One of these years I hope to reorganize a new bunch. I do enjoy the island area a lot.
Thanks again for the reply. Let me know if you ever need some numbers from the East. And just how do you get walleye to bite when they don't want to? Last Saturday I cranked everything past their noses and all I could get was one fish in the boat. I have seen more walleye marks this year than I have in the past 5 years. It is going to be a lot of fun when they decide to get hungry again.

Keep the boat afloat!
[signature]
I'M STILL HERE BUDDY !

BEEN REAL BUSY AT WORK AND WORKING ON MY HONEY-DO LIST .

I WAS SOUTH OF DETROIT ON SATURDAY , GOT A OLD FRIEND THAT ISN'T DOING SO WELL . I WISH I COULD HAVE SQUEESED A COUPLE EXTRA HOURS IN TO STOP BY AND SAY HI .

WITH A LITTLE LUCK , I'LL SEE YOU BEFORE FALL .
[signature]