Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another Fish Lake Saturday
When we left Provo this morning it was raining - hard. I wondered if we had picked the wrong day to drive all the way to FL but I kept telling myself - we'll drive out of the storm. Well it worked. Arrived at FL - no rain or snow and only a slight wind. There were groups out on the ice, but not too many. We stopped well away from others but about the same distance from shore. It was only about 20' and we could pull up weeds from the bottom. This was not really where I wanted to be, but the trudge through 6+" of snow on top and the hand auger and 18" of ice had me breathing hard - yea I know I'm old and fat. We stayed for a while catching 2 perch and 3 small bows. Perch became bait and the bows went back to their pals. We loaded the sled and went another 200 yds - we stopped when we came to a nasty patch of slush - decided to put down there. Wow it drops off - no electronics but it must have been 80' or more. We fished the top 25' and found 4, 18" bows and 2, 17" splake. We turned back several smaller bows. It was not as fast as we have experienced on FL, but the fish were really nice. There was too much snow (and slush out farther) for us to make the hike across the lake today - we often find better success on the far side. All in all a beautiful day.
[signature]
Thanks for your report[Smile]
I was out there today as well. I had a side by side ATV Razor and it was all we could do to get to the East side. We got stuck about 10 times and had to dig it out. Lots of slush! It took us 45 minutes to get to our fav spot. On the way back I just put the hammer down and went back in the same tracks and only got stuck twice. We also caught a ton of splake and some bows and one small lake trout. Not blazing fast fishing today, but steady until about noon.
[signature]