Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RodnReel ?
What kind of rod and reel would i use to fish in lake for trout and bass ? also how heavy should line be ? thanks
[signature]
I would go with 8-10 pound test with a medium-fast action rod.
[signature]
For trout I would go with a medium-light action rod and a spinning reel with 4lb to 6lb test line that has "low memory".

For Bass you might need two or three rigs.

For fishing bass in heavy cover like brush piles, rocks, timber stands, pine tree saturated lake shores and any over HEAVY cover you will need a heavy-medium action rod and a sturdy BAIT casting reel with 16lb to 20lb test line (preferably BRAIDED).

For fishing spinner baits you will want a Medium-Medium action rod with a decent BAIT casting reel and use 12lb to 16lb test line preferably MONO-FILAMENT.

For fishing crank baits and other hard plastics you will want a Medium-Medium action reel and use 12lb to 16lb test line preferably FLUOROCARBON.

For fishing Soft-Plastic lure like plastic worms, lizards, salamanders, you will want a medium-light action rod and a either a spinning or bait casting reel (your preference) and use lighter line like 8lb to 12lb test line preferably FLUOROCARBON unless you fishing these lures in heavy cover in deep water in which case you would want a heavy-medium action rod with 12lb to 16lb line test preferably BRAIDED.
[signature]