Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
yellowstone river.......not the park one either
Well I went to the yellowstone today, over above Altamont. Not much for a river right now, kinda low as the run off has not yet started real well. But the fishing was absolutely outstanding. I mean it was one after another all afternoon. I caught 6 cutthroat, 9 rainbow, 9 browns, 3 brookies and 2 whites (and a partaridge in a pear tree).
I am used to catching big browns up on the weber (who isn't right) but of all the times up on the yellowstone I have never caught a brown this big. Now this is an average brown for the weber but if you have ever fished the yellowstone above Altamont you know this is huge for that shallow tiny runs located there.
[signature]
Sounds like a great day. I think the fish have spring fever as badly as we all do.
[signature]
Good job on getting up there, I could imagine the roads aren't in very good shape yet. That brown you caught is twice as large as anything I've brought out of that river.
One of the prettiest water's in the state...I think.
[signature]
Nice Brown. Bigger than any I've ever caught there. Did you catch that up in the forest or lower down on Ute Tribal Land ( ? open yet). I've heard the lower stretches has some bigger fish but the few time I've gotten the Ute License I've never fished it. Beautiful place to fish but I think I'll wait until runoff is over.
[signature]
Up in the forest but you can't get very far up there, bad roads. I've never bought a Ute license and usually do really well up there.
[signature]
[quote riverdog]Nice Brown. Bigger than any I've ever caught there. Did you catch that up in the forest or lower down on Ute Tribal Land ( ? open yet). I've heard the lower stretches has some bigger fish but the few time I've gotten the Ute License I've never fished it. Beautiful place to fish but I think I'll wait until runoff is over.[/quote]

Tribal river's in that particular area don't open until the 31st of March.
Only about 3 more weeks away !! [Smile]

Alright, 4 weeks. It's been a long winter !!
[signature]