Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
*Blacksmith Update* 3/04
Just wanted to say I drove up Blacksmith today and just worked a spinner on a little half mile stretch. I was really surprised how active they were. Caught 2 really nice browns. Maybe 3 to 4 more small/medium. One almost had a lime green tint to it? Sorry, no pics. But I'd say there's some decent fishing to be had up there before the muddy water. Getting around wasn't too bad. Some snow here and there. Anybody else getting up there yet? I'm starting my fly fishing career fresh this season. Once I feel confident in my cast I'll try bustin that out. Good vibes everybody. Peace.
I was up there on Tuesday. I made a post on the fly fishing board under "First trip of the Year" or something like that. It should be a good place to practice your fly fishing skills. You'll get lots of practice on your roll cast and high sticking for sure. The fish aren't too technical either. Have fun and good luck with fly fishing.
[signature]
Thanks for the info! I definitely need to head up there soon. Out of curiosity, what kind of spinners were you using?
[signature]
Red and white daredevil spoons?
[signature]
Bet it was the best spinner in the world. A gold vibrax. Probly a #2 for the blacksmith. Any takers?
[signature]
I like silver blade silver body or with the cutthroat patterns, but they both are unbelievably effective anywhere I fish them.
[signature]
Lol, Chugg wins the prize. Gold body gold blade Vibrax. All I used. There was slight over cast that day.