Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is it ?
One day a friend of mine and I , were out fishing on a lake on a indian reservation here in Minnesota, when fishing with a lindy rig for walleyes, he snaged on what looked like a half of a coconut shell, but at a closer look, it was the top half of a skull, and when we looked on shore, there was a burial grounds next to the lake, so we put 2 and 2 together and figured it must of washed out years before.<br><br>
this is'nt fishing related but years ago about 26 me and a friend were out in a field looking for " dog bones" i spotted what looked like a buried peice of bone stuck my fingers into the soft dirt and pulled up a human skull with two of my fingers in the eye sockets quit a gross out turned out to be a 15 year old black female missing for 10 years not the best way to get a write up in the local newspaper
[signature]
[shocked] Thats kind of creepy if you ask me!
[signature]
to say the least !!!
[signature]
[size 2]The first skull might of been Jimmy Haffa![shocked][/size]
[signature]
Naw!!!!!! They found him in the lake by my houes.
[signature]
think i,ll agree with you on this one!! but that,s wy i hate fishin the connecticut river, i call it death river! too many drowned and aint found em, some taken their life in it. it just gives me the creeps! i think it,s jinxed. not me george! haha[Smile][Wink][Sad]
[signature]
So you have a death river too huh. The Red River here in ND has claimed many many lives.
[signature]
HEY IS THAT LIKE THE RED RIVER VALLEY??? i love that song, member when john wayne played in that i do. he was my favorite. always will be!!!!!!!!!!!! i sing that song all the time. haha ya i hate it when it does that. it seems i,ve always stayed aways from that river. i can,t hep it. there just somethin bout it, too dark fer me, in every way. and i don,t fear much. ya hear??
[signature]
no thank ya very much! i wouldn,t want ot do that! hey there bud, whats dog bones??? guess i dont git that one. haha later[Smile]
[signature]
haha thats funny. haha[Smile]
[signature]
well is it??? yeah thats too bad. its cause our river with the stupid dams is up and down all the time. and if your not payin attention your stuck out in the midder. is that like yours?? i,d never be out there in the midder anyways. alot at sumnersfalls have been caught that ways. its terrible, especially when the boys i,ve been fishin with and know just git into their fishin so good that they fergit. i,ve lost 2 friends that way. terrible. and then theres alos guys that come that dont check out the areas, the not findin out what to expect from htis river from its dams. or knowin it has dams and findin out the time they let the waters out, or just watchin the banks where there fishin. it,s just like huntin, check out your areas, too bad, i always put a stick on the edge of the water and watch that. ya know. well anyways os much fer that, no different than when we was fishin pulaski, on those rivers. i will say at least in some areas they have horns they blow. this stupid river dont, too bad. they should. later[Sad]
[signature]
just regular ole dog bones hey i was only 13 at the time
[signature]
Hey patches, Yes the Red River is part of the Red River Valley. The Red River is so dangerous is because it has eight low-head dams, and many of its tributaries have them as well. Low-head dams are so dangerous they are called drowning machines because, as water rolls over the dam, it creates an hydraulic current that pulls objects back to the face of the dam and to the bottom of the stream. Low-head dams are found near the following cities:[ul] [li]Wahpeton-Breckenridge [li]Wolverton, N. Dak. [li]Hickson, N. Dak. [li]Fargo-Moorhead (3) [li]Grand Forks-East Grand Forks [li]Drayton, N. Dak. [/li][/ul]Many people have died from these and others from just drowing on their own.
But on the upside of the Red River is that it has great fishing!
[signature]
hey bud, i,d like to see it though i bet its cool! well where did john wayne have his ranch when he was in that movie? was it dakota i was thinkin it was texas haha. that was beautiful contry though. i have always wanted to go out through. been my dream since i was old enough to have my first cowboy outfit when i was 5. ahha i found the picture of me in it the other day, ahha and thats the way i,ve always been, haha still got my boots. even though their bigger now. haha someday. and i want ot fish and hunt out thru too. thanks fer tellin me. yeah thats Sad when those things happen. i never figured theree was that many dams out thru. i sure bet its somethin! hey i like the fish you put on your name thing. haha he,s cool. i,ll call him george like which way did he go george. ahha i got a white big gold fish thats named george and georgett his girlfriend is gold and grown quite a bit since i got her. i,ve had george 5 years now. ahha well have fun fishin. hey is there any set backs there you fish in durin the winter?? or can,t cayse its open all the time. later mare thanks fer explainin it to me. later[Smile][Wink] i loved that picture with john wayne sittin on his pony on top of the hill with his chestnut pony. lookin down to the valley below, you member that?? won,t fergit that one. never later.[cool]
[signature]