Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whadya Think??
Well too much snow and too much wind, so I figured that I would screw around with my new jig mold.Up till now I have just done the basic one color powder paint on some ball head jigs(pretty generic stuff)! Figured that I would try a little more advanced stuff. Keep in mind that this is my first experiment and don't have all of the supplies that I wanted so did a bit of improvising. It is a DO-IT Ultra minnow with a mixture of powder and vinyl paint and 3D eyes. Its a bit crude but hope to get better. What is anybodys suggestions should I fish these things with a grub body or tie bucktail or marabou on it. Any points tips or suggestions would be great. (As long as they are not too harsh [Smile])
[signature]
hey Laroo,
Looks good to me, did they work?
[signature]
Thanks. Let me start by saying I'm a little embarrassed that I ever took a picture of those, but yes,they worked very well in spite of the hatchet paint job. I have since changed my painting methods and use a airbrush, no powder, vinyl or brushes. I took a page from the guys that paint cranks, and use Createx airbrush paint. So far I have been pleased with the results. It seems to be durable and with a clear coat on them they are not affected by soft plastics, which is how I like to fish them. Painting them is not easy,that is if you want something more than single colors. Here is a small sample of some of my newer models, every time I do a batch they turn out a little bit better it seems. Oh by the way those are some nice tubes you are doing. It's kinda satisfying to catch fish on your own lures ain't it.
[signature]
Those look good to man! What kind of clear coat you using? I was using Glitter Fingernail Polish works great... Except when I was looking for it in the store one time and I could not find any and my comedian wife asked a couple stocker girls where she could find some glitter fingernail polish for her husband with me standing right there *Ummm turning red* The three of them thought it was real friggin funny!!! heh
[signature]