Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New To the Area
Hello everyone. I just moved to Pittsburgh and I was wondering about fishing on the three rivers. what is common in there and the best baits to use. Thanks and we shall see you out there!
[signature]
Hi Ortegutz, welcome to BFT! I dont really fish the 3 rivers but if you are willing to drive a little there are alot of great spots to fish on that side of the state. If you drive north on I-79 you can hit all of them. Lake Arthur will be the first place u hit. It is is Buttler and has excellent fishing for all species. It is also known for producing some huge muskie. The next stop would be Lake Wilhelm. If you like fishing alot of wood and stumps for bass, that place is heaven! Keep going north and you will come to an exit for Pymatuning Lake which is well known for its walleye, also known for producing some big muskies. And the last stop on the tour is Presque Bay on lake Erie which is my personal fave! This place is really hot this time of year Right now the crappie and perch are slamming jigs up there and the smallmouth bass are starting to heat up a little. Im going up the end of May for some smallmouth action. Lat year in a day and a half me and my dad got around 200 smallmouth there, no joke! Nothing under 15" either. And thats not mentioning all the big rock bass and moster bluegill we caught. So some weekend hop in your car and go for a drive and see what awaits you [Smile]
[signature]
Hey thanks for the info I will keep these in mind for roadtrips throughout the summer! good luck out there
[signature]