Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good Day At Glendale
I made it out for a few hours saturday morning for some fishing. And boy was i glad i did. I got 3 bass and missed one a pile of pickeral and some pike. For about 30 mins i was catching really nice pickeral in the 19 to 22 inch range on every other cast. Thats also when i hooked into my only pike for the day. It looks like the bigger fish have finally moved into my spot. Before saturday i was only catching little pickeral and no pike. The bass i missed would have been the biggest bass of the day. She came up out of the water and threw the hook. Id say i could fit a softball in her mouth, so she was a fairly big fish. O well ill get her next time.
[signature]
hello bpg i wanted to know when the crappie spawn or start hitting good at glendale.i took the family up last year and we caught a few pretty nice crappies and quite a few smaller ones.we had a great time.also if you could point us in the right direction like where to launch and appx where to fish that would be great.i dont want to steal your sweet spots just send us where we can catch some fish.thank you and happy fishing[Wink]
[signature]
This is gonna be general info because im not really a crappie fisherman but i know alot of guys that are. For starters right now would be a good time to go up and look around for some spots. Im not sure if they are spawning yet but there are quite a few guys fishing for them. And if you haven't heard at the end of last month a guy caught a 20" monster up there. When i go for pike i notice there is always quite a few guys hanging around where i fish in mudlick but they are in deeper water. So go back up into mudlick and look for some deeper water towards the middle of the lake. Thats where i always see guys fishing. You can launch at the maid marina to get there. Another place that my neighbor likes to go is way back up in slatelick where the weeds start to grow. I always see a ton of guys fishing back there. My neighbor always seems to do well also. The best place to launch if you wanna go there is Beaver Valley. I hope i helped you out a little bit. When you get up there stop at 10 in 1 bait shop. They will be able to tell you exactly when to go. BTW there is a crappie tournament up there on the 8th, so be sure to hit it before then. Good luck.
[signature]