Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My bugs bug
Ok pulled the fly tying gear out today to get some bugs made and my 7 year old daughter joined me. She pulled some colorful feathers out and said "tie me a fly with these". So I did. What came out was a streamer that I think a bass might like. Take a look! I know if I had a different hook it might be better but I used what I had.

Recipe:
hook: size 8 streamer
tail: full piece of white marabou
flash: a piece of purple flash chenille
body: pink chenille and white with flash chenille (yes two pieces)
wing: two purple Saddle hackles
eyes: stick on eyes glued with CA

[inline DSCN0706.JPG]
[signature]
Id have to say with its size and shape a bass would look at it as dinner... great looking fly... I think it would also work well with lt green wings and yellow for the body and tail..

MacFly
[signature]
Any variation I think would work. I have some Enricos sea fibers that would make it look nice but then it would change the fly as well. I think I will tie some more up and see what I can catch with it.[Wink]
[signature]
And your daughter will always think of it and the fish it catches as hers. She will love it!

Looks like it would work. Even trout might like it. Look at the popularity of the old red devil spinner. -- red and white does work.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000][Image: happy.gif]You just know that if her creation lands a fish, you will have to incorporate her name into the fly's ID. Good luck.[/#008000][/font]
[signature]
It pretty much already is. Her nickname is snuggle bug since she has always liked to snuggle since she was born.
[signature]
[center][font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000][size 4][Image: happy.gif]I like it![/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]
When she does catch a fish on it. Gotta wait till the weather warms up for the bass, I will probably rename it the snugglebug.[cool]
[signature]
Let us know how it does.
[signature]