Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
abelas genesis
Ok I scored a 4 piece Cabelas Genesis the other day to use at my home away from home. It is a 5/6 wt. Anyone have any experience with this style of rod? First time with this brand.
[signature]
I don't have that particular rod, but I do have two of Cabela's other pack rods. They are inexpensive and I haven't had any issues, but from others experience Cabelas is good at standing behind their warranty even on the cheap stuff I have. I use them for travel, hiking, and brush beating. They have worked great for everything I have used mine for. In fact the little 3 wt shorty I have is my favorite small stream rod.
[signature]
If im not mistaken the Cabelas Genesis was marketed as Cabelas beginner starter fly fishing kit. It came a rod, reel, SA Line, vest, flies, nipers ect ect for around 150.00 175. ...

Its moderate-fast action rod with decent hardware From what I remember its got pretty good reviews. Light weight and great balance in the rod. I think kit came with a 2 year warranty on it but dont quote me on that.
[signature]
[cool]I bought this as part of the kit when it went on sale last summer for $100. It is my first and only fly rod/reel, so I have nothing to compare it to. With that said, I think it is still a good rod. I used it at least twice a week for about 4 months on the Provo and at Tibble Fork. It was good enough to get me hooked on fly fishing.

I did break the tip fishing late last fall. I was trying to de-ice the guides and got lazy. [crazy](I bent it further than I should have.) I took it back to Cabela's and they gave me a new one. I think it has a year warranty, as with all most Cabela's branded items.
[signature]
Do you like it ? If so it's a great rod
[signature]
Went out and played with it today on the Colorado. I like how it feels and casts. Very nice rod indeed![cool]
[signature]
It only matters if you like it, and it works for you. If it was inexpensive also --- then that just makes it 10 times better.

Sounds like you are all set for some after work exploring!
[signature]
You got it!!! Picked up some maps today of the area and got some ideas of where to go. Next week I will bring the float tube down and get it wet as well.[Smile]
[signature]