Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tampa Bay Area Fishing Report
Tampa Bay Area <br>Fishing Report<br>Captain Charles Walker<br>10/21/01<br>This was one of those weeks for me. No trips booked, plenty of wind, and some red tide still reported by the few that did go fishing. Word has it today that most of the red tide has blown out away from the beach with all the east winds that we’ve had this week so it’s time to go out and catch some fish!<br>On to the bait house reports:<br>Ruskin Bait and Tackle - 813-641-2325 – The sun’s shining, the wind’s blowing, and the fish are biting. A nice cobia was brought by the shop this week. Reds are still around on the flats and there are plenty of trout, but they are moving around a lot. Spanish mackerel are still in the Bay in large schools. It seems like everyone has gone hunting this week instead of fishing and that’s good, cause it leaves more for us.<br>Buddy’s Bait and Tackle on the Courteney Campbell Causeway in Tampa - 813-287-1026 – A lot of reds have been caught this week all along the bridge and the causeway. Sheepshead are biting well along the rock piles. Snook are still biting around the floodgates. A few pompano have been caught this week in our area.<br>Bonnie’s Bait and Tackle in Clearwater - 727-446-2772- Some grouper were caught offshore this week in the 60 to 70 foot range. Lots of Spanish mackerel are along the beach and around the mouth of the Pass. Some nice kingfish have been caught this week right off the beach in the Redington area. Pompano are biting in the area of the Redington artificial reef. Trout and reds are biting well on the flats of the ICW and in the creeks in the area. Snook are moving into the creek areas now as well following the bait. Some nice flounder have been brought in from the Dunedin Causeway, caught on live bait.<br>Trappman’s Bait and Tackle on Gandy Blvd in St. Petersburg - 727-579-1414- Some nice snook have been caught at the Gandy Bridge using jumbo shrimp and lots of mangrove snapper have been biting around the bridge as well. The reds are on the flats around the 4th St. Bridge and biting on just about any lure or bait thrown at them.<br>Dogfish Tackle on Redington Beach - 727-392-6644- The flounder and Spanish mackerel are really biting well off the pier this week. A few drum have been caught this week as well. Some grouper have been caught this week by anglers that could make it out 12 to 15 miles.<br>Don’s Dock on Madeira Beach - 727-391-3223- Flounder and reds are biting on the inside this week. Snook and trout are biting well around the lights this week. <br>Pass-a-Grille Bait and Tackle on St. Pete Beach - 727-360-6606- Flounder are biting well off our gas dock. Our offshore boats have been bringing in grouper and mangrove snapper.<br>The Skyway Fishing Pier - 727-865-0668 and the south Skyway - 941-729-0117- Spanish mackerel and pompano have been the main catches on the south side this week. Grouper are turning on also this week. The biggest one we’ve seen this week was 38 inches long. Some mangrove snapper are still biting.<br><br>Folks, feel free to call any of the places in my report for more information, and be sure to tell them that you read about the fishing in their area in Capt. Charlie’s fishing report on the Internet.<br><br>If you want more information about fishing in the Tampa Bay area or wish to book a charter, simply e-mail me at captchas@flfish.com or if you wish to arrange a charter faster, call me at 727-546-7257. Be sure and visit my web site for lots more Tampa Bay Area fishing info at: http://www.floridasaltwater.com .<br><br>Good fishing and tight lines,<br>Capt. Charlie<br>http://www.flfish.com/fl<br><br><br><br>Capt. Charlie Walker<br>http://www.flfish.com