Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shimano Bantam B-Mag 1000, Mitchell 1160 RD, Diawa J-13 Reels for sale
I have an assortment of 3 fishing reels......

Shimano Bantam B-Mag 1000 baitcasting reel. One of the original low-profile (teardrop shaped) baitcasters. Currently lined with 8 lb test line.... very good condition. Easy to operate once you understand the controls and do not attempt to cast too light of a lure. Makes a great bass rod for throwing spoons, spinners, top water lures, plugs, crankbaits. Right hand retrieve (not reversible).

Mitchell 1160 RD Spinning Reel currently spooled with 12 lb test ......great all purpose reel.......drag control is in back of reel as opposed to the front of the spool. It has a reversible retrieve. I've currently got it set up as LH retrieve but it is easy to switch the handle to the right side. This reel has a fairly large/deep spool which will accomodate 220 yards of 12 lb test. It also has an On-Demand Anti-Reverse knob on the reel body. I know that gear ratios are important to some......although I've misplaced the spec sheet on this reel long ago I can tell you that one turn of the handle rotates the bail 5 full turns. Very good condition.

Daiwa J-13 Spinning Reel ......unlike the Mitchell above this model is LH retrieve only. The handle is not reversible. The drag adjustrment is on the front of the spool. The Anti-Reverse switch is on the back of the reel body. One turn of the handle rotates the bail 4 full turns so this is a slightly slower retrieve than the Mitchell. Very good condition.

I've probably owned all 3 reels about 20-25 years but all are in very good working order, bails work fine on the spinning reels, no loose screws, and all one needs is a little backyard practice to operate the Shimano without birdsnests. Once you learn how to use it properly, birdsnests won't happen even if you try.

These 3 reels could be used for many applications, trout, steelhead, bass, striper, walleye, pike and light saltwater. I'll deliver all 3 reels to any single address in the lower 48 for $85 or any one reel for $30 delivered. If you live locally (western PA) and want to pick up you can have them for $25 apiece. These are good, well functioning reels with many years of reliable service left in them. I have 4 or 5 photos of each reel available with as much definition as the photos you see here. Want to trade?? I am in the market for 1 or 2 long noodle spinning rods in the 9-12 foot range to use on Steelhead in the Erie tribs. Would be receptive to any kind of trade. You have too many rods laying around? I have too many reels.

[url "mailtoConfusedaupere@aol.com"]saupere@aol.com[/url] (724)889-6894

[inline "Shimano B-Mag 5.jpg"]

[inline Mitchell5.jpg]
[inline Daiwa4.jpg]
[signature]