Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
South Padre Island Texas report 8/3
[#191970][size 2]We arrived just after sunrise Sat morning.The beach is still in great shape for driving.The water is moderate to clear.We fished at our 8 mile spot for a while and caught lots of small to medium whiting.A couple of guys stopped to talk that was headed to the east cut jetties so we drug up and went there ourselves.The first thing after I parked was a mexican ladies umbrella blew across the beach and hit the side of my wifes brand new Jeep Grand Cherokee and put a dent in it.I figured confronting her about it would be futile.She looked poor and had about a dozen intoxicated mexican men with her and I did not feel like scrapping with all of them.
Anyway,we caught several small whiting and an infitite number of hard heads off the jetty.So we drove back down the beach looking for another spot.For the remander of the day we fished just north of access #6. I caught more small whiting, a 24" bonnet shark and two big sting rays, one of them measuring 49 inches from nose to tail tip.
The one thing I noticed different about Saturday was i saw no bait in the surf, NONE.The trip before this one, the surf was teaming with very small whiting.That may have been why we did not hook in to any big jacks or trout.Every one we talked to had had little to no luck that day.I'm sure it will do nothing but get better and I plan to be there when it does.
Later[/size][/#191970]
[signature]