Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
100 foot cast
I saw a demo by Chuck Farneth, the 2001 ESPN Great Outdoor Games flyfishing gold medalist, about a week ago. He's lives here in Arkansas. During the demo, he cast 100 ft of line! One tip he really emphasized was not casting side-armed.
[signature]
My farthest is 87', but I have seen 130' at the casting contests here.
Bill Oyster builds bamboo and there is a youtube of him casting one 100'
[signature]
Im lucky to get 10 feet.. lol... could not fathome a 100 foot cast... but the idea is awesome...

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
i'm with macfly. I'm lucky to get 15 or 20 foot casts. haha
[signature]
ducks of a feather flock together.. [laugh]
[signature]
Heck, I'm just proud as proud of my 40ft cast.[Smile]

pa
[signature]
seriously !! [sly] I would be too...

on a serious note here... and remember I am the newbie ya'll....

I have been told that in most cases and on most waters your cast would be no where near a 30 - 40 cast.. much less a 100 foot plus one..

I am guessing.. but dont know for sure that that type of cast is mainly for competition.. and/or really big rivers (spey casting perhaps)...

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
AND, if you can cast that far, casting closer is that much easier[Wink]
It is just learning all you can about fly fishing.

Speaking of which, where is Dry Rod?
[signature]
if I can cast that far Im entering competitions..LOL>.

as for DR.. Im sre he is around somewhere.. I saw a few posts from him last week and this week as well..

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
[center][font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000][Image: happy.gif]You rang? Been kind of busy lately. Hope to bug you folks a little bit more during my rehab after hip replacement. I did check and the rehab center does have [/#008000][/font][font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000]Wi-Fi. Cool[/#008000][/font]
[center][font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000]Have to go with Mac on distance. Seldom do I find a need for getting my line out more than 50'. Heck one is suspose to work from close in to where-ever the fishes man be gathering.[/#008000][/font]
[signature]
hmmm is it really happend? wow[frown]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][#ff0000][size 2]Sorry but commercial links in one's signature is not permitted unless you buy a Blue Banner.[/size][/#ff0000][/font]