Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cabela's MWC Announces 2004 Season
MINNETONKA, MN—Cabela's Masters Walleye Circuit, the premier organization in competitive team walleye fishing, will expand its reach to more anglers in more states for the 2004 tournament season, with the addition of a new East Division. Teams will compete in a new two-division format: MWC Central Division and MWC East Division.

Each of the Central and Eastern divisions will feature three events on some of the nation's most renown walleye waters, with tournament purses of $100,000 each, based on a full field of 200 teams. Anglers will compete for the coveted Team of the Year title in each division, plus those who finish in the top 10 percent in each division will earn a spot in the prestigious Cabela's MWC World Walleye Championship and the chance to win its $25,000 first-place prize.

In addition, anglers who take the MWC Challenge by fishing all three events in their division, plus any one of the three events in the other division, will have an additional chance to make the Championship roster. The top 20 percent of MWC Challenge competitors will go to the Big Show. Plus, $20,000 for MWC Team of the Year pays out to the top team in the MWC Challenge, an added incentive to fish a fourth tournament.

2004 MWC Central Division:
March 27-28: Illinois River, Spring Valley, IL
June 26-27: Lake Winnebago, Oshkosh, WI
September 18-19: Leech Lake, Walker, MN

2004 MWC Eastern Division:
May 22-23: Lake Ontario, Henderson Harbor, NY
July 17-18: Lake Chautauqua, Jamestown, NY
August 7-8: Saginaw Bay, Linwood, MI

2004 Cabela's MWC World Walleye Championship*
October 13-16: Mississippi River, Prairie du Chien, WI.

*for 2003 season qualifiers
[signature]
I guess I am going to have to hit me one of them there lottery numbers so's I can go a fissin [Tongue]

daddy needs a new boat new truck and might as well get me one of them homes on weels while I am at it.[cool]
[signature]