Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Attention Stoners
If your idea of fun is casting out size 20+ flies you don't need to read this post[Tongue]. Maybe most of the rest have already found out that stoneflies are hatching now in Utah. Today was my third trip out since Monday and the first that I saw stoneflies and salmonflies hatching. Didn't see them until fairly late in the day but a fair number especially the salmonflies were hatching. Haven't used a fly smaller than size 10 all week and the catching has been extremely good. Now instead of just throwing those large nymphs you can start throwing those big dries as well. This and throwing hoppers later in summer makes for some of the fastest fishing all year.
[signature]
thanks for the update, the title of this thread might throw off a couple of the old hippies[laugh][laugh][fishon]

I am lookin forward to hittin some fish on the dries asap.[fishon]
[signature]
Stimulator time! One of my favorite flies!
[signature]
Glad you are getting into them!!! Have you been back up? Wouldnt you know, I havent been able to get up since this hot weather happened. [Sad] Good thing is that summer will stay good with hoppers on top and much lower water!!
[signature]
No, took my son to the Uintas today and I go out of town for a week come Friday. I saved all the 20+ inch lunkers for you and Josh . Unfortunately I can't seem to catch any larger than 18 inches this spring out of there.
[signature]
No complaints with those!!! Nice fish! I got lucky in March with a 21. I'll let you know if I get out and fish there on the middle provo. Thanks for the update!
[signature]