Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Biggest catch YET???
It was big or so it felt, I hooked and landed a box full of lures today out of 20'+ of water ... If anyone can tell me what lake and what kind and number of lures you can have it back...

And yes it put up a great fight....[Smile][cool]
[signature]
[Smile]Three years ago I lost a box at Deer Creek, and two years ago I lost a brand new Rod and Reel at Flamming Gorge. If you catch either one let me know!

[fishin]
[signature]
Dang, I just might need to follow you around.[Wink]
[signature]
Willard --- full of rust colored lures? When Can I pick it up?
[signature]
If by "box full of lures" you mean ice auger than that is mine. The lake was Deer Creek.
[signature]
Sorry no..
[signature]
Don't follow come and go with me...[Wink]
[signature]
At the end of two weeks I will take a picture of it and all the lures and post it, after that time its mine...If no one can calm it by then...

It looks like it has only been in the water for a week...
[signature]
You were up at Echo. the box is green with a black latch and handle on top. it was closed. it may or may not have brass colored hinges on it. It was full of Old lures, the stuff Gramps would have in his box, as it was a box I inheritied when my grampa Joe died. I lost it over 8 years ago near the middle of the lake toward the south end of the deeper area. I was in a kyack I built when the weather got iffy and put some chop on the water and I tipped over and the box went down. I think the two levels inside of it were black and it had chrome or silver metal hinges and arms that let them extend so the two trays would open up and you could get to the bottom area. Most of the lures in there seemed to be red metal body spinners mepps mostly as that is who made spinners back in the day, mostly silver blades a few with red tape with black dots. there may or may not have been a couple of silver bellied red and white dare devel spoons in there too and some red and white bobbers in the bottom. I imagine the worm hooks rusted away, but i bet the brass swivels are still in tact. I cant remember how many, not more than ten though, small rapalas, black back gold body. small. maybe biggest one is 4 inches. possibly a newer silver stick bait, rapala silver with the black back, and i dont remember if i had a perch color in there or not at the time.

let me know where in SLC you want to meet up to get me back my grampas box of fishing stuff. It is literally the tackle box i learned to fish out of. [Wink]
[signature]
Nice try..
But I want to give it back to the one that lost it if possible...

They have two week is all to get it back, then its mine....
[signature]
My friend had several boxes of stuff blow off the back of his buddies bass boat on Monday. He lost quite a bit of stuff. However I was not paying full attention to his story but I think it was Jordanelle. If that is where you found it and it looks like it has only been there since then let me know and I will get a hold of him.
[signature]
Heck! with all those responses the pickings appear to be better underwater than what Sportsmans warehouse has on the shelves.l
[signature]
Let me know where and what he lost...
[signature]
Cliff, I hope you found my box!! Lake was jordanelle! The box said PLAYER on it. It was a black box w/ gold metalic leaves on it. Inside the box was some girly magazines, for when fishing was slow, magazine tiles were" Sizzlin hot soul sisters" and " Over 50's" . A bag of latex gloves, for fish cleaning, and a trusty can of of WD-40 for fish attractant. there were also some misc. lures and Jig heads, but I really want to finish my reading on those educational books, hopfully the water did not ruin them!! Thanks
[signature]
Im trying to get a hold of him this morning. I left him a message ill let you know.
[signature]
Wow, what a great thread! For one to catch such an item is rare, and to have someone as honest as to say they found it rather than just keeping it for themselves.

Good on you!!
[signature]
The videos that was playing on the TV was great but the pictures was kind of washed out...[Smile]
[signature]
Thanks , but others do the same on here and I hope if I lost it, I would want it back...
Drop shotting works great with a Mojo weight, you would be surprised what you can catch...[Wink]
[signature]
[#000080] [/#000080]
[#000080][/#000080]
[#000080] After hearing about all the lost gear, I'm trading in my fishing gear for scuba gear....tally ho! [cool] grugle gurgle...[/#000080]
[signature]
Lake Powell? I lost a a bunch of tackle on the North end near Hite Marina about 100 yards south of the boat ramp. There was everything from spinners to Rapalas to road runners in that kit. That would be great if you found it.