Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for fishing buddies in Bergen County, Northern New Jersey
Hello, My name is Rich and I'm From Dumont, NJ. I've been fishing the last few years and the person who got me started fishing has dropped me like a hot potato since I did not come up to his standards, so I'm pretty much on my own. I'm looking to meet some guys who fish the waters in Northern NJ only. I would like to improve my fishing skills. So far this year I have caught 2 branches and a paper plate, what am I doing wrong? In the past, I have caught fish. I wear rubber hip boots and smoke a pipe while I fish. If any one is interested in hooking up, drop me a line.
Rich
[signature]
Rich, my name is Peter, and I reside in Fair Lawn. I have been a very avid fisherman for many years. When I am not fishing in upstate New York, I enjoy trying the local waters in northern NJ. Over the past several years, I have had some success on White's Pond in Waldwick. My screen saver is a picture of me hoisting an 18" (breeder) brown trout which I landed at White's Pond in April 2009.

I would be very interested in giving you some fishing pointers and helping to improve your angling skills.
[signature]

[signature]
Hi Peter,

Thanks for replying to my post. I can use all the help I can get. I have fished at whites pond before and have caught a few fish there.

A few years ago when I had asked this guy I knew to take me fishing, everything he taught me was wrong. He took me fishing 3 times and every time was a disaster. I will tell you more about that later.

Write back so we can figure out when we can meet.
Rich, thanks for the note. My schedule is pretty open because I am recently retired (and in A-1 health). I do not have a boat, so much of my fishing over the years has been with guides. You can learn a great deal just listening to each guide. I have sometimes rented a boat from a local marina on the water that I fished.

Let me know what works for you. You can send me an e-mail directly to my PC at "RodnReel44@aol.com.
[signature]