Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bone Dry for $35
My last waders finally gave up the ghost. So many leaks I could wring out my socks and parts of my pants.

Off of reading on here I went to the William Joseph outlet on 17th south in SLC. They have a room with used (but almost new) waders and other gear.

I tried a few on and found a pair that fit. They write right in the wader "as is." I am assuming so the new owner of the used waders can't try to make a warrenty claim. It looks like the waders that are warrenteed get sent to them and these waders get put in the used store. Then they send a brand new pair to the customer.

So these used waders are in various states of use but most are not bad at all. Some even look brand new.

I got mine home and found the leaks in short order by spraying the inside with rubbing alcohol. Patched them with UV Wader repair. Now after three trips they are once again water proof.

If you're looking for waders get in there and get some.
[signature]
I bought Mojorising, the zip up ones. They still had the tags on them. $35. in the as is pile. He put them on and sat in the tube....all good.
Then we went river fishing and he was up to his chest. All good.
So, you just don't know.
[signature]
That's great. I thought a lot of them looked brand new. I wonder why the ones you bought were in there. Congrats on that find for sure. I am very happy with mine too.
[signature]
"I got mine home and found the leaks in short order by spraying the inside with rubbing alcohol. "

OK so i'm a dumb a$$. Explain, please...
[signature]
Thats great to know. I just spent $15 bucks on aqua seal trying to seal up my seams. I got a few things a year or so ago there. Next time I will be looking at waders.
[signature]
where are they located? 17th and what? how do u find the holes and repair them
[signature]
William Joseph's a factory outlet store is:
753 West 1700 South
Salt Lake City, Utah 84104
1-800-269-1875

They got some real goods stuff there packs, boots ect ect

Theirs a few different ways to find holes in waders one is too flip the waders inside out spray with alcohol and the holes will discolor.
(never tried this method but others on the board have)

I usually flip waders inside out fill with water and see if any leaks out

repair with aquaseal
[signature]
I have done the following on only breathable waders i.e. gortex or similar breathables. I don't know how to fix any other kinds cuz I never wore them.

You probably know where to start looking for the leak. I mean if you left pant leg gets wet while wading and it is wet from the knee down and it is mainly the shin that's wet then that is where to start looking.

So turn your wader leg inside out and spray regular Isopropyl alcohol liberally on the area where you suspect the leak. (I actually put a sprayer like from a windex bottle into/onto the alcohol bottle) Now turn the wader right side out and you should see a darker area (think pinhole size) and that is where the hole is.

Smear on some Seam Sealer or Aqua Seal or UV Wader Repair onto the are either on the inside or the out it matters not. Spread the goop of choice to at least an inch in diameter with the leak hole in the middle. Now the goop need only be a very slight build up think thickness of a piece of paper or at least no more than the thickness of a business card.

I tried filling another pair I had with water and that is just too much work not to mention gallons of water. You have to be careful not to get the outside wet while filling the inside or vice-versa so you can be sure where the leak is.

BTW you can google "wader repair videos" and get a ton of videos to watch on the subject. Good luck and take your time it's only hard the first time.

Ken Raddon.
[signature]
[quote mischievous]"I got mine home and found the leaks in short order by spraying the inside with rubbing alcohol. "

OK so i'm a dumb a$$. Explain, please...[/quote]

That you Layne?

If you want to find a leak, the easiest way is to go fishin'. Murphy will attest to that.
[signature]
i went there 2 days ago and got me some. yesterday i went to the lower provo and i was bone dry and i was about waist deep or a little deeper, best 30 busks i have ever spent. thanks for letting us know about this place.
[signature]
You guys rock! I've been puttin' off buying. I've never heard of this store. I'll be checking it out asap.
[signature]
get there fast there relocating but dont know where there be then
[signature]
located at 8100 South 1300 West, West Jordan, Utah 84088. William Joseph will start operations from their new location, July 12th
[signature]
I was wondering if up know where they are located now or a number for them
[signature]
For information e-mail us at:
info@williamjoseph.net

Or call us at:
1-800-269-1875 (Monday-Friday,8-5,MST)

William Joseph's address of our headquarters and factory outlet store is:

8100 South 1300 West

Suite D West Jordan, Utah 84088
[signature]
Bought a pair of drynamic waders and an exodous pack there a few weeks ago. Last year's model, got an awesome deal on them. I'm sold on the Willy J gear. You guys rock. I'm thinking of getting one of the smaller chest packs next, but I think I'm going to buy it from one of our local fly shops who sell your stuff. Can't forget to support them too!
[signature]