Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
fishermen wasting fish?
[frown]
Just wondering if anyone knows the mortality rate of largemouth bass after being in a livewell all day in the hot summer months? Just came back from my home lake Kinkaid lake in southern illinois this weekend sick!!! Watched numerous tornament guys dumping their fish after weigh in without ANY effort to revive them, about 10 minuites later noticed fish anywhere from 1 to 8 lbs struggling in the hydrilla. about a half hour later noticed close to 50 dead bass nice healthy bass before the tournament dead! checked jugs later that night to see even more!!! the local fish biologist whom i talked to for over 30 min says this is a common thing during the summer. no law against wasting fish is in effect in illinois. let someone try to throw out a deer kill or a duck etc. same thing but there are laws against wasting other game!!! Help me preserve this resource and stop fishing tournaments in the summer you are damaging your own hobby more than you think. im sure everyone on these forum loves to fish so these guys are ruining it for all of us!!! plkease dont livewell your fish in the summer unless you actually plan on eating them. seems like a waste for 24 boats each one killing over 2 fish per boat for the sake of bragging rights or a small check. An 8 lb fish in this lake is like 10 years old!!!
Please help me spread the word about this dilema before it is too late. how many bass do you really kill when if you kill one mature female? Do the math folks. I want to watch my daughters have a chance at a real trophy one day too. lets not ruin the legacy! ONLY FISH TOURNAMENTS DURING THE COOL MONTHS !!!
Help pass legislation to outlaw tornament bass fishing during the hot summer months! For years i've heard the tournament guys blame the tough fishing on the muskie here, looks to me like they have way more affect on the bass population than anything mother nature can throw out there!!!
[signature]
[Image: bobmad.gif]By your own observation the mortility rate has to be pretty high. As I see it they are not sportsmen by any means or matter. Think that this sport so to speak should be banned.
[signature]
it was very provocative[mad]
[signature]
I guess some fisher men needs to be sensitive of what is happening in our Environment..
[signature]