Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heading to spirit lake
Heading to Spirit lake next week. I am going to take the usual with me Whooly buggers, royal wullfs, griffiths gnats, and renegades. Any other suggestions? Haven't been to this area before.
[signature]
Insect Repellant
[signature]
Taking four cans of that and one of the nice thermacells. Yes they do work!!! Used them in the past in Idaho up on the clearwater NF. Also have citronella candle that works well too!.
[signature]
The thermacell warns that it doesn't work above 4000 or 4500 ft I believe. I just bought some on sale last month at Cabelas planning to use it for the Everglades and Alaska. Have you used it at higher elevations and if so did it work well? Hopefully the recent lack of rain is knocking the mosquitos down up at spirit lake.
[signature]
It was about 4000 ft I would guess. Here is a photo of where we were. So what do you think? It worked very well here. We have used it other places with great effect as well such as the uintas and the Raft River Mountains (about 6000 ft).[Image: bcamp.jpg]
[signature]
I woulda chased the big cutts a few miles down the road from there. but thats just me. last time I was up there it was just planters, albino's, brookies, and cutts. the sign by the lodge said there was grayling present as well. you get any by chance? Kinda makes me wanna hit brownie. nice sized brook and cutthroat in there
[signature]
Thanks for the info. I plan on hitting the streams around there as well as tamarack and Jesson lakes. Nice to hear that there is grayling in Spirit as well. Thought I might have to hike up to Dagget lake to get some.
[signature]