Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Calling all Provo River Pros!!!
I have a friend who is flying out here from Pennsylvania for our yearly fishing trip next week. I've fished the Provo plenty of times but not a lot recently up in the canyon or on the middle. We are going to hit it one day since it is so close, even though I expect everywhere else we go during the trip to be better (I usually try to avoid the crowds which means I avoid most stretches of the Provo). My friend really wants to go though because of the prestige and recognition the river has. It seems that with the new laws, there is less water to fish on it these days. Anyone have any tips or direction as to some favorite spots on the Middle and/or Lower? We'll probably hit both. Feel free to PM. I fished up in the canyon tonight and wasn't too impressed with the stretch I was on, although I did miss a few. I know some of you are Provo pros, so any advice would be greatly appreciated by myself, and more importantly, my friend. Thanks!
[signature]
The middle is all open. The mitigation project guaranteed public access. You can't access it anywhere you want, but plenty of public access areas, you can walk the entire Middle Provo.

The lower Provo is still mostly open as well. The campground section is closed off to the public now, but the other sections lower down that are "private" property are still open to fish for the time being.
[signature]
I guide up on that section a fare amount, and the website of the Provo pros is Utahflyfishingpros. Some tips on that section that may help you a bit. I have been hammering fish, but if I do not get down to them, I have little luck. I would boost the amount of weight you are using and bounce right on the bottom. Watch your indicator as a sign you are bouncing. Then it simply a matter of the right spot and bug. You seemed to have fished a decent section, try past the sun-dance turn off, about half a mile, which will put you high. You will have to hike down the steep embankment but there is some good water there. The fish are feeding heavy on sows, so double up, as I had little luck on anything else. Put if the catch a site of that sow they will hammer it, if your technique and drift look good. Good luck and feel free to ask me anything else if your struggling, as it will be a matter of a few adjustments. On the Sow SIze 18 20
[signature]