Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
$5,000 for not getting decontaminated
Tribune has some info about a boat owner which had been in Utah who ignored a [url "http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/blogs/fishing/50153104-83/boat-lake-owner-tahoe.html.csp"]mandatory decontamination[/url] at Lake Tahoe and now faces $5,000 in fines.
[signature]
Good I hope they throw the book at him...
[signature]
couldent agree more.
[signature]
They shoulda burned the damn boat too! That would have decontaminated it for the stupid (censored).
[signature]
I say [#0000bf]deleted [/#0000bf]that guy. I did my dedicated work hours about mussels. After I did that I researched it and read books about it. I am big on it,
l. I have traveled my whole life welding water pipelines. I am sure that guy appreciates flushing his toilet and watching the brown trout go away. If these mussels plug up our water lines where we get the source it could be real bad. I would love to turn off this creeps water for one hour at 700 am and see how he reacts he would not appreciate that. I wish he would be more consciuos about what the consequences would be its more than boating,fishing,and having fun for the day. These mussells can ruin our whole life, here in UTAH.
[signature]
Glad they got him. When will people learn?
[signature]
Hell yeah albino THANKS I hope we all agree here on BFT.
[signature]
Thats great! Too bad there weren't fines like that earlier maybe the spread of the mussels would have been much slower, or not at all.
[signature]
The bad thing is probably many that never get caught. Maybe by publicizing the fine, it will make people think twice about not following rules.
[signature]
I have a bass boat that I plan to bring to Utah from illinois in October. It will not go in the water for greater than 30 days prior to traveling to Utah and I might not even dunk it before next spring. I plan to power wash the entire boat with hot water also make sure live wells and engine are dry. Are there any other tips to be sure my boat is free of mussels?
[signature]
Here is a link to the information the state of Utah has about it.
http://wildlife.utah.gov/mussels/decontaminate.php
[signature]