Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear Hunting
[Sad] Bear Baiting started yesterday , but with temps in the high 80 s , I think I'll wait a couple of days till it cools down abit ! They hate moving when its hot !!!! , has anyone else started ?

Flagmanonice..........
[signature]
I have started getting ready for hybernation in hopes for next year....
[signature]
[Smile]Got a few out its still warm out there an flys where biting but all i need is that bear eating.lol
[signature]
I'VE GOT A MONTH TO BAIT , THEN A ONE WEEK HUNT .

GETTING BAIT IS HARD , SO I GOTTA BE TRACKING THEM !
[signature]
[Sad]Those horse flys are BAD !!!!!!!!!I to got some baits out , now to have the bear come and dine !!!! So I can dine !!!!!! LOL

Flagmanonice ......P.S , Good luck walleyeteaser and Lonehunter !!
[signature]
hey there flag, how ya doin?? well ours started here in vermont, yesterday too. we went fishin up in the northest this past weekend, tentin, up the connecticut lakes near canada. boy some COOL! 30 BOTH NITES. SO IT,S GITTIN READY HERE ALREADY! haha anyways the bones were feelin it. haha anywasy we took the 30-30.s just in case.saw mooma and baby on the ways home. waved to em. haha. might go tonite. and squirell huntin started too. so we,ll take our pick. haha, love squireell. even though i ain,t spellin it good haha anyways it,s COOL ENOUGGH HERE. I HATE TO SEE SUMMER GO! THOUGH don,t you guys?? i caought soe good fish up there. we can,t bait though. gramp use to have his black and tan hounds he used fer bear huntin. we can still use dogs here, but no one does. i,s almost thinkin bout gittin me couple good ol hound again, and usin em. can you guys?? later mare
[signature]
hey bud, what you guys use fer bait?? apples, corn??meat too don,t ya?? can ya go to the slaughter house and git some or what. we can,t bait fer deer or bear here./ so wouldn,t know. but would like to. it,s just i never knew of it i guess. later mare
[signature]
haha but thinkin and doin are two different things ma used to say. haha i just want another jake someday. my old beagle waterspaniel, spud,s still here, jake,s brother, so,s maybe i can have him be a daddy and take one of those.when the timin,s right.
[signature]
MOSTLEY TABLE SCRAPS I'VE BEEN SAVING , THE DOG WAS GAINING A LITTLE TOO MUCH WEIGHT AS IT WAS .
[signature]
[Wink] Shot mine tonite (WED) #220 lbs live weight !!
[signature]
well Lue, it looks like I will be bear hunting this year,

I will be bearly dressed for going out in the woods

I will be bearly able to get up in the morning to go out in to the woods

I will bearly be able to hold my eyes onpen when I get out there.

I will be bearly able to get out in to the woods because my old truck just bearly gets down the road.

I bearly have a hunting license let alone a bear license.

I will bearly even think about bear hunting this year since the nearest bear is bearly with in a 100 miles of me.

so I guess I should have said I will be going bearly hunting this year [Tongue]
[signature]
hahahaha bearly dressed huh??? haha what the wife sayun boiut that one haha, it hink instead of askin which way did he go george ya better ask hime if he barely a bear?? haha i tried haha 100 miles huh?? geesum!! guess you,ll be bearly huntin haha good one!! lonehunters gonna like that one too. haha later. look like lonehunters gonna know where to go go with him!!!111 he,ll learn ya! later
[signature]
Flag - get a pictur of it so we all can see...good job!

You've bigger cantalopes than me just for going out to hunt one.

Last time I saw a bear in the wild was 30 years ago on a camping trip with the family. I got a close up, he was cleaning out the food chest and I was running to see who was out there and I hit him as I was heading over to the chest. It was pitch black and I hit him at a dead run. He took my feet right out from under me and I landed flat on my back with a loaf of bread sitting next to my head. At the same time my folks turned on the lights the bear reached out witha paw pulled the brad into his mouth and beat feet. Don't know who was more scared him or me, but I don'tthink either one of us got any sleep the rest of the night...
[signature]
GOOD ONE FLAG!1 SHOULD BE GOOD EATIN RIGHT?? i had bear once like a moose, but it was either it was an old one or the way they cut it, or how long they hung it right, that,s what i figure, cause both were good and tough. but would like to try them both again someday. the flavors were good, vut chewed alot. haha. later. that wa maybe a 2 year old right?? later, maybe they,d been better off puttin into hamburg and sausage?? haha later
[signature]
hahaha that,s a good one. closer than what i,d want to be. haha
[signature]
[Tongue] Last nite I had a friend sitting on one of my baits that has been getting hit hard , so walleyeteaser and I sat about a half mile away waiting for a shot , or till he came out . While sitting there talking , what do you think happened ? Thats right , a bear walked out about 150 yds in front of us and walked slowly across a 100 yd opening ! Now it was cool for me to watch the bear , but walleyeteaser see , has a unfilled tag still , and you guessed it , no gun along !!!! LOL !!! , So we just watched it walk into the woods , and then it was gone !!! . Now my friend that was sitting in the stand did'nt get one , but had one comming in , but got dark and had to leave before it came into sight !!

Until next time , Flagmanonice.........
[signature]
haha, ain,t that always the way. but i don,t think i,d want to be there with no gun! haha no sir! too bad walleyeteaser didn,t gitto have that one to come in earlier. maybe tonite?? later
[signature]
hey flag ya ate some yet?? how was he?? bet good! lotta meat huh?? later
[signature]
dog hunters , aaarrrgggghhhh !

the bear hasen't been back !!!!!
[signature]
hey lonehunter ya got hime yet?? ibeen huntin couple. seen more bear sighn then i,ve seen in quite few years this year.i had to laugh at the state estimatin there,s only 3,500 bears in the whole state of vermont. there whacked! bunch of bull haha there,s more than that in 5 towns then what there estimatin.hahaha queechee woodstock bridgewater mt ascutney. my mountain. the state dept of fish and game have there heads up there---. my horse has more brains and he,s dead. i git so ticked with some of the ideas they got. we had doe permits put out 5 years in a row, the idiots gotthe doe so down in my area,and those, which is just a few towns i,m mentionin, it took the deer at least ten years to git back up to par. that got me hot. and in some other areas too. betwixt the cars hittin em and the doe permits and the bad winter, and just some idiots that like comin up and shoot anythin that moves, and decide later to leave it cause it isn,t big enough or it didn,t have horns or the guy who needs to feed his family cause they don,t have enough. that i can see, but the state don,t see it that way, but when they just let it lie there, ticks me right off. so the herd around my house went down, woodstock and bridgewater, but it,s still the state that said go ahead and just shoot em. there,s no balance! betwixt the 2. by god i don,t want to catch em. it,s funny i never see them that estimates git off their dead -- outin the woods. does it happen where you are too??
[signature]