Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mill Hllow 9/26
Took the family up to scout some x-mas trees (yep i said it) before the snow starts to fly in the Uintas. we usually go up around the Mill Hollow area to cut em down in Nov.

saw some great scenery and took a trip to the resv. up there, what a pretty place to hang out for a day!!

only had the fly rod out, after attempting several flys with several lookers but no takers, I finally got a good bow' on a silver and black pistol pete! good fighter, went about 2 pounds wet. hatchery pet though, all fins clipped, still a good dinner though. had two buddies and their families with them, no one got skunked, we all ended up with one going home and we all missed a few more that we could not get in hand. oh well, good day in the uintas anyhow.

water was so cold my Lab only jumped in once then laid on a big rock for 2 hours in the sun to get warm again LOL, it was a good day in the air though, sunny maybe about 80 degrees on the road... perfect to hike around a bit. the sun warmed up the fish too, they were rising all over the place. the gate to the camp ground was closed, so we just walked along the dam end of the lake and plied our flys. one buddy using power bait, one salmon eggs after his fly rod failed to yeild a fish to him, I had the dora pole out with salmon eggs but it never hooked up, i am pretty sure it is because the little girls watching it were more interested in the nature around them than actually waiting for fish, I enjoyed watching the bobber scoot around the area of the lake it was floating before the little ladies started whooping up about having a bite.... that was funny to watch them come a runnin too. [Wink]

no pics this time, wife was busy with "fall scenery" not me fishing.

tight lines.
[signature]
Sounds like a nice trip, did you see any deer while you were looking for that tree?
[signature]
did not see any deer, but saw a bunch of "signs" that indicated either elk or deer moving through the area. I am leaning towards elk or moose, most of the pellets were way larger than a deer would scat.

we did put eyes on about 500 sheep near the noblets use area, must have been moving towards winter grazing areas, had a hand on a horse over looking and a big dog that was rolling in a bunch of stink off the side of the road too. LOL.

saw some eagles, hawks and a buzzard. thats about it.
[signature]