Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eldorado 8 / 20 - 8 / 21
Well before I even start you may say that I am bored to be out there fishing Eldorado for bass, thats your deal DH_tubinaaron. I am a bass fisherman and like the challenge of catching bass all year round under any condition rather than poaching them off thier beds during thier season.

Started on the 20th at 5:00pm At the point behind the ranger station. Nothing there for myself but did see another catch a 2-3 pound bass on dropshot and a 2 pound crappie on a td minnow. Got my first fish straight across from there on a yozuri rattle trap along the weed line. Second fish came from by the boat dock on the same lure. Third fish came from the tuli patch by the overflow on a green Ika. That ended that evening.

Started on the 21st By the over flow at 2:30pm,nothing untill 3:15pm across from point behind ranger station missed two strikes on rattle trap back to back threw out drop shot worm nailed a six pounder followed by a1-2 pounder in same spot. Moved over to boat dock nothing.Finally pick up a strike again behind the ranger station brought in a crappy on drop shot. Circled back to the over flow area to finish with this 2-3 pound on rattle trap.

Was done fishing by 5:30 today I think that is worth going.
[signature]

Hey there OneWhoFishes,

Good job. El Do does have potential. Unfortunately, I can't catch much there flyfishing. Lake, pond or stream I 'flyfish to catch or nothing' as casting is half the fun to me. You'd think that I'd at least get some bluegill or crappie more consistantly than I do. Maybe the water gets pounded so hard every day that even a 10 foot leader with a 2 pound fluorocarbon tipet scares them! Yellow is magic there when they do hit flies/streamers. Maybe I should try using poppers.

I just got inspired!

JapanRon
[signature]