Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
new guy needs help
I retired to Mechanicsburg,PA from Maryland and would like to do some fishing.I'm 64, slightly disabled but get around OK.Would like to find a spot where I can fish from the shore or bank of a lake.Rough ground might be a problem.Used to fish Liberty Lake in Carroll County for Crappie and love that kind of fishing.Would love to fish the Susquana.I need help getting started.I fish all weather and prefer live or cut bait.Have to be careful of cost but would like to be able to rent small boat.Would like to find a fish Buddy ( Guy or Girl)I'm good company and fun to be with.Just need some help.I've heard that Pinchot Lake is a good spot.Need recommendations.
Thanks
[signature]
Malone,

I dont really know much about the area that you are talking about but i know someone who would. Jeff should be able to help you out. He is a guide on the Susquehana river. He can get you some real nice smallies, i know cause i have seen them. I plan on loading my boat up, pick up my dad up and heading down there to go fishing with him in the spring. We been trying to set a date for over a year know but we are both busy, im sure you know how that can be lol. But anyway give him a holla and im sure he will be happy to help you out Smile
[signature]
Malone PA is a great place to fish especially where you are headed. The Susquehanna has some of the best Smallmouth fishing in the world.

Good luck and tight lines.

[#0000ff]No links permitted that contain other forums![/#0000ff]
[signature]
Malone
your not far from me about 10 miles. If your looking for a place to fish from the bank. You can go to Pinchot state park witch isent far for you to drive. You could be there in about 15 min from Mechanicsburg. They have places near the main boat ramp with handicap spots to fish from the bank and its black top path and easy to get to . I think you will enjoy it there its real nice place to go. You can take 114 east to 382 turn right off of 114 on 382 blinking lite make right turn on 177. 3 miles and it takes ya right there I fish there often. Im only 2 miles from there in Lewisberry.. Good Luck to ya!
[signature]
Yo bud . I had a nice time with ya at the Harrisburg sport show. We will get out on the river come spring time. I cant wait to get out in my boat for the day! Pump up them arms and get'm ready..lol. Im going to talk to my son n law and see if he want to go up to erie in the spring with me to fish with you and your dad. That way will just bring his boat . plus its a 5 hour ride for me to get there.lol
[signature]
Yeah i had a good time to. The ride home got a little scary with all the snow and ice lol, but we made it. Yeah im pumed to come down there and fish with ya! I gotta get all my tackle sorted and get all my jerk baits together. As for Erie let me know when you find out what you are doing. Its well worth the 5hour drive trust me.
[signature]
Pinchot is a nice place. Like already stated, they have a paved path and an accessible fishing pier. That lake is a big bass lake I think and special regs apply. I'd recommend spending a lot of time reading and searching on PFBC's website. They have tons of information about where to fish. They have interactive maps showing trout waters and also have county guides. Check it out, it's worth the read. Also, You might want to consider kayak fishing. I LOVE it. Not sure if that'd work out for you with your physical condition but it's pretty easy.

Tight Lines!!
[signature]