Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upper Provo Quick Trip
Last sunday me and my older bro fished the upper provo, we only had 2 hours to fish cause he wanted to watch football so we got there about 830 and for the first hour it was slow slow slow. i caught a few little browns nothing bigger than 10 inches. We moved to our favorite hole and first cast i nailed a 18 inch whitey and we switched back and forth catching nice white fish all bigger than 16 inches. As im changing my destroyed egg pattern my bro says he has a nice one and i scramble to net it for a good while, he wasnt lying as he got a good sized brown on the egg of course, sorry pics were with my cell phone.
[signature]
Thats a nice fish! I've never fished the Provo but I've been wanting to and I think over Thanksgiving I'm going to be able to sneak out for a whole day. Anyone got any tips on where I can access the Provo at? I'm not looking for your best fishing holes, just some insight on some good places to go with Access to the river.
[signature]
NICE! Looks like a section on the middle to me...LOL

jdizzle, look for sportmens access would be a safe bet. I haven't fished the upper though.
Be careful over Thanksgiving because when it is below 20°'s you are going to ice up...BAD.
It isn't the cold that keeps my body away, it is if I am de-icing every cast.
[signature]
its still the upper we just have a one room fishing cabin next to some of the river! cant go anywhere else though cause its all private Sad

but yeah if its too cold you'll regret it, the ice makes it such a pain
[signature]
At least you have nice fish in that small section...Jealous.
But that picture also looks like just below Jordanell Dam or over by the cliffs...LOL
[signature]
Nice Catch CONGRATZ !!!

Luv winter fly fishing you just got to have the right gear and willing to put in the work ....well I can see you already know that [Wink]
[signature]
yeah closer to francis actually. we are right by all those victory ranch mansions. Very luck to have this place, we often pull fish close to that size, last year my bro caught a 26 inch 6lb brown out of there
[signature]
You just suck![laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh] That is so cool!
[signature]
[quote flygoddess]NICE! Looks like a section on the middle to me...LOL

jdizzle, look for sportmens access would be a safe bet. I haven't fished the upper though.
Be careful over Thanksgiving because when it is below 20°'s you are going to ice up...BAD.
It isn't the cold that keeps my body away, it is if I am de-icing every cast.[/quote]

Should be a high of 38 degrees on Black Friday, anyone up for freezing their arses off on the Middle Provo?
[signature]
I definitely could, but more like upper 20's for Park City area.
[signature]
[quote flygoddess]I definitely could, but more like upper 20's for Park City area.[/quote]

I got the temperature at Jordanelle dam, but it will probably be in the upper 20's for most of the day i'm sure.
[signature]