Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marcum vs. Vexilar?
So I used to have the Vex, now I have the Marcum lx-5. Has anyone had the chance to compare these two units? Maybe I'm crazy, but it seem the Vex picked up more fish, or maybe I'm just having bad fishing luck so far this year. I do like the quietness of the Marcum and distinct coloring combo.

Justin
[signature]
I use both side by side quite often....no difference.
Go with the bad luck theory.
[signature]
I used my brand new Marcum for the first time this weekend and loved it for the simplicity.
"Saw" all that I needed to see.
[signature]
Thanks for the replies. I hope my bad luck 2010 doesn't continue..lol
[signature]
HUMMINBIRD ICE 55
[signature]
I SECOND THIS!!!
[signature]
I own a vexilar and love it and have fished side by side with the marcums same same a flasher is a flasher any way you look at it unless its a lcd flasher !!!!! Target seperation may very between the units but so worth the coin !!! I out fished a showdown at pineview last yr by 10 fold and that sealed the deal for me !!!! My 3 cents [laugh][laugh]
[signature]
I guess I need to fish side by side with a Vex.
[signature]
had the vexlar and took it back love my humminbird
[signature]
[font "Arial"][size 2]["I own a vexilar and love it and have fished side by side with the marcums same same a flasher is a flasher any way you look at it unless its a lcd flasher !!!!! Target seperation may very between the units but so worth the coin !!! I out fished a showdown at pineview last yr by 10 fold and that sealed the deal for me !!!! My 3 cents"}[/size][/font]
[font "Arial"][size 2][/size][/font]
[font "Arial"][size 2]I'm a bit Confused (easy to do). Do you like or dislike the LCD flasher? [/size][/font]
[signature]
Lcd 's after the fact not a fan unless were talkin bigfish ??? That help ???
[signature]
I hope your having a lousy year because I just got an lx-5 on eBay. I agree with the flasher is a flasher statement. I went with the marcum because it's a little cheaper, it has an adjustable zoom and because I already own an lx-1 and like it. I was debating between the humminbird and the marcum, I hope I made the right choice.
Do you like the flasher other than the fact that it may not show as many fish?
[signature]
I have a VEX 18 and I love it, that thing is so easy to use I only use the normal function and seem to catch plenty of fish.
[signature]
["Lcd 's after the fact not a fan unless were talkin bigfish ??? That help ??? "]

Yes, the only reason I ask is because I just bought the Lowrance x67 Ice Machine and so far have loved it however, I've only had it on the ice one time. I have never used a Marcum or Vexilar to know how they compare.

[signature]
Those ice machines look Awsome I came very close to buying one, but I really wanted the dual beam transducer, and a read that some people had problems with interference from other units, which isn't to big of a problem. I would definatly get one of those over a show down, but my opinion is worthless because I haven't actually used either unit. That ice machine just looks very versital, there are some very cool you tube videos of guys using them.
[signature]
Any of you guys looking to sell an old flasher? Cheap I would really like one and it seems lots of people are upgrading.
[signature]
[#000000][size 7]MARCUM[/size][/#000000]
[signature]
Ive had the marcum lx3 and just sold it and got thee vex fl20. I loved my marcum but the deciding factor for me to switch was the tri beam transducer and the flat screen on the vexliar. But have nothing bad to say about the marcum
[signature]
I have owned Marcums and Vexilars at the same time. Fished with them side by side for 2 years before canning the POS Vexilar. Recently I have fished with Dropshot_17 and his ice 55. They do seem like nice units but have yet to be proven to me. I have read thousand of negative reviews in regard's to the ice series and their dual transducer and target separation in water over 20'. This year I sold my Lx-1 and upgraded to the lx-5. It is by far the best move I have made. The biggest difference is the detail I can get while fishing for burbot in the steepest of dropoffs. If Someone recommends a Vexilar they obviously haven't owned a Lx-5 Wink
[signature]
So ive had my lx3 for a few years. Sold it to upgrade and got the vex fl20. Tried it twice on the ice and returned it for the marcum lx5, best move I've ever done. Lx5 features are incredible compared the the vex. I'll never go with out the marcum again
[signature]