Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First to Fish Fund-raiser Diamond Valley Lake
Fishing Fund-raiser Diamond Valley Lake

For those who can't wait until opening day for a chance to fish the Southland's largest freshwater lake, Valley-Wide Recreation and Park District and the Center for Water Education will be holding a catch-and-release fund-raiser at the lake Sept. 26-28. Reservations will be accepted for 250 boats with trailers, 35 rental bass boats and 50 shoreline-fishing parking spots per day.

Proceeds will benefit the development of an aquatic center at Valley-Wide's Diamond Valley Lake regional park as well as education programs for the Center for Water Education.

Reservations for this worthwhile fund-raising event can be made by calling 1-909-487-6833.

Friday, Sept. 26, is the "First to Fish" day. Fishing is scheduled from 6 a.m. to 4 p.m. Boats will cost $500 to launch (includes entrance for four people; additional people in the boat must pay an additional $125 each). Shoreline fishing is $125 per person. Entrants will receive a commemorative T-shirt and certificate and a Friday night barbeque dinner. Including with registration is a ticket for a chance at a free "First to Fish" prize. Additional tickets for this drawing will cost $5.

Saturday, Sept. 27, is Community Fish Day. Fishing is scheduled from 6 a.m. to 4 p.m. Boat launch will be $250 and shoreline fishing is $75 per person.

Sunday, Sept. 28, is Family Fish Day and the fees are $250 to launch a boat or $75 per person for shoreline fishing. Fishing is scheduled from 6 a.m. to 4 p.m.

Fishers who entered the now-cancelled ABA tournament and paid their entry fee will be given priority for sign-up.

Those who wish to rent a bass boat must pay the per-person entry fee plus the cost of the rental boat.
[signature]

Hey there FTRDeckhand,

Thanks for the update. I was on the Diamond Valley Lake website a few days ago and it looked like the official opening is Oct 3rd. I'd sure like to know how the cove fishing is there.

I asked about float tubes and got an email back saying, sorry but no float tubes' or sit-on-top kayaks. I'll you pontoon guys are 'outta there' and I sympathize with you. Good news is NO DIRTY, LOUSY, CRUMBY, LOW-DOWN DOG irresponsible jet-ski operators or their beautiful little craft will be allowed either!

The site says that the regulations that will be in place at DVL will be generally the same as they are at Lake Skinner. I thought it was Shaver Lake at first but my mistake. Those lakes are waaaaay different. ha ha

ONE CONCERN: The site has a bunch of addresses and places where a private boater wishing to launch in DVL "MUST GET THEIR BOAT INSPECTED AND CERTIFIED and get a sticker" BEFORE EVEN THINKING ABOUT GETTING ON THE LAKE! Mind you, I'm not complaining just want to make sure PB's are going to be happy campers or is that boaters.

Further info can be gleaned from the home page of the Diamond Valley Lake itself (www.dvl.com), the managers Metropolitian Water District site(www.mwdh2o.com) and the local area newspaper Press-Enterprise(www.pe.com).

Again, thank you FTRDeckhand for the heads up,

JapanRon
[signature]
Seems kinda pricey just to fish from shore![:/]

aaron
[signature]
If you tube I would boycott this lake. Plain and simple. The idea of keeping the water drinkable but allowing motor boats with gas engines is crazy! A couple guys in tubes taking a pee in the water now and then never hurt anything! [crazy]

Are they gonna stop the birds from urinating and deficating in the water? Of course not. But no one is worried the diseases that birds carry and there are quite a few.

Apparently alittle bird dudee in the water never hurt anyone.[cool]
[signature]