Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New
Hi everyone. I'm new to the sight but i love to fish. I fish every time I get a chance weather it be ice fishing, stream fishing, fresh water anything pretty much.
[signature]
Welcome to the site Willardite, here is a link to the Utah board: [url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/forum/gforum.cgi?forum=58"]http://www.bigfishtackle.com/forum/gforum.cgi?forum=58[/url].
Have you tried ice fishing Willard this winter?
WH2
[signature]
welcome to the site willardite...

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
Yes, i have. I did not do well at all.. right before it froze though, i caught several good size perch about 10 inches.. but after the freeze i only caught a few crappie out of the north marina. [:/]
[signature]
Welcome!
I never knew so many people fished in Utah. I guess not all the water there is full of salt : )
[signature]
Have you ever caught perch at willard after ice off? During the winter their numbers are few but we have caught some nice perch there. Here are two pics from a couple of different trips to the bay.
WH2
[signature]
No, Never been that lucky.. I have tried.. but never had any luck.. If you have any tips I'd love to know if you wouldn't mind.. I enjoy catching the wipers off the south dike with a top popper tho.. That's a thrill!!!
[signature]
I've never been able to catch Perch during soft water season either, they always seem to disappear. The last two years we have done ok for crappie up to 12 inches though. We have caught them while trolling for wipers. Yea, wipers are a blast to catch with top water stuff. Sure hope we see more boils this year than we did last year.
WH2
[signature]
Are you kidding?????? I saw more boils this year than I have in about 5 years!! i caught about 50-60 this year!! I did excelent! When do you try for them? where do you go??
[signature]
I heard that some folks did good last year but you are the first that I have talked to that did. Everyone I fish with and know from BFT had poor luck last year. We troll the entire lake but the area areound Freeway bay and the Feed lot were the best for me lost year, we did see some surface action but not what I call boils where they are on to for 20 minutes or more. I did talk to some guys that were walking along the South dike by the feedlot that said they had got into a good boil toward evening one day and a few more guys that were heading back from trolling by the Light pole that got into a good boil out in the middle as they were going to the South marina but that was it. Where did you get into them? I sure hope you post some of your fishing reports on the Utah board or send me a PM this year if you do half as good as you did last year. Wow, 50-60 is awesome,I haven't had a year that good for several years.
[signature]
I have pictures of some of the first 5 and a cat fish that I caught my first trip out for the year. I will find it and post it lol and the south dike towards the evening is when i would hit boils almost Constantly. It was a blast i took my gf out and she even caught 3 her first time. she had a blast. [Smile]
[signature]
here is one picture of the first ones i brought home.
[signature]
Nice
[signature]
I'm so ready for the ice to come off.. I want high school to be over and I want to fish as much as I can till i start collage next year..
[signature]