Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"The pole that almost got away"
During a camping trip with my wife, five kids and grand parents. I was setting up the poles for the kids. I always set up the poles for the kids in order of youngest to oldest. I finished with all of them and casted out the first two. Mean while my father had already been fishing for about five minutes. When i turned to grab another pole to cast out, i looked back and saw the first pole disapear into the water. I could not belive the bit that took that pole into the water, that bit pulled the pole right out of the holder and striaght into the water it went. My wife saw this as well and started laughing so loud. Then after she stopped laughing she tried to go fined it, she walked striaght out where the pole was pointing and could not fined it. With her out in the water all the way up to her shoudlers and still nothing. Then i heard that my father down the shore about 100ft or so just got a bit. I looked over accrosed the water and saw a long black object moveing throw the water. I said to my wife come in we found the pole. When my father pulled his line in he had two fish one on his hook and one on my hook. after unhooking the two fish and untaggling the line i pulled my pole back into the shore. I ended up not catching any fish, but i did not lose any equipment that day either. <br><br>Submit your Fishing Adventure Stories to win great prizes at ReMemory.Com