Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ut lake walleyes turning on.
i know there are not many utah guys using this board. but all my walleye pike and musky post will be here from now on. so here is the skinny on the bite water is still cold. around 40 to 45 deg. twister tail grubs in dark colors has been the hot ticket for a few yrs now. chartruice used to be but fish have shifted over the last 5 or so yrs to darker colors. black purple and dark green. very slow retreive ticking the bottom as you reel. bites will be very soft like a rubber band stretching or a whop. best spots for spring eyes creek mouths, rocky dikes or shore lines lincon beach lindon and provo boat harbors near the light poles at dark just off the rocks durring daylight. hope you have a great walleye yr. ken.[fishin]
[signature]
Thanks ken how to see u out there
[signature]
going tuesday for sure... with utwalleye aka chuck may go this sunday as well with my son. i run around in a 16 ft smoker craft tan and black. ut walleye also runs a smoker 18 ftr black n tan. look for us and come say hi.[Wink]
[signature]
Gettin my boat going this week. I have not had it going since 2005. I will try and hook up with you this year for sure. Oh and I will try and use this board more often. I slowed down my postings for sure. Too much bs and bs'ers to go through anymore. Not that I haven't my fair share[Wink]
[signature]
i welcome you to my board my freind. and ya we get to fish some toothey critters this summer. going to lb tomarrow. il post results here. post anything here bud i dont move post,s or edit the post.[Wink] the the utards... lol
[signature]
I will have to depend on your reports for a while to hold me off till our season opens back up on the last saturday in april.

our seasons for walleye and pike closed yesterday.
[signature]
Thanks for the info i also picked up 2 eyes at the bubble up tues four hrs of fishing in the afternoon blue dubble tail jig pink head 1/8 oz 2 lbs each both males again thanks CROSSINEYES
[signature]
thanx for comming over to the toothey critter board. and also thanx for shairing your report on the buble up. if you can would you please share all walleye trips over here as well. thank you. ken .[Wink]
[signature]
[bobSad]. Oh man I don't know how I would deal with a closed walleye season. I really like the fact that Utah does not close. But catching ice eyes can be pretty challenging in this state as well. I will surely keep the walleye reports comin, just beware that the fish I catch this year are going to make you drool. [shocked][sly][laugh]
[signature]
ok they better make me droooooool....[cool]
[signature]
I wonder if the fish have a taste for that double tail because apparently there is a shLoad of frogs right now in the lake. Did you happen to do surgery on any of those fish?
[signature]
no they are not anywhere neer any weed cover. 3 maybee 400 yrds away. i use double tails when their alot of boats. moore vibration from the twin tail than the single tail. [Wink]
[signature]
Thanks for the walleye board. Weather depending, looking to be on the water at lb this coming Tuesday. Also running a 15.5 side console Smoker Craft. Last year was rally slow for us, so hoping for a better 20011. Thanks again for your info.
[signature]
thanx for comming over. glad you found us... may see you there weather deppending?[:/] sapposed to rain.
[signature]
Ken,

Thanks for the report and the walleye fishing tips. Good job! We need to do some more fishing together this year!
[signature]
chuck and i said that tuesday. lol what happend to lloyde? anytime old freind.[Wink]
[signature]
thanks for linking over to this forum my goal for 2011 is getting into utah lake walleye i've got the cats n panfish down but an "eye" has eluded me for many a year. my question would be what area do u recommend a shore bound guy to try first not lookin for a honey hole just a base of reference to start my quest again thanks for linking over to this plethora of knowledge
[signature]
From shore you should try the harbors and rocky dikes. At Lb I see guys up to their armpits wearing waders and standing in a line casting towards where the bergade of boats and tubers that are fishing. I have herd that the Provo and af harbors are a good place to start.
Bounce dark colored curly tails off the bottom and try to reel in as slow as possible without dragging the bottom. That way your just ticking the rocks an not getting hung up in them.
[signature]
two best shore spots are lindon around the out side of the dikes and provo harbor by the light pole. [fishin]
[signature]
Thanks for the info. I too find it a little too much bs on the UT board. I am probably a couple of weeks away from gettting out and doing a little fishin' since mamatrout has had her surgery last week. I will putter around the garage and get the gear ready to go.
[signature]