Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pineview Sunday 3-13-11
Headed out the door at 6:30am(forgot to change clocks[crazy]) arrived at the View about 8am. edges were soft but walkable with only about an inch of water and a little slush on them, no gaps when I arrived.

fished off cemetary area north of the parking lot. not alot of action and plenty of dinks. did have hits all day long, I am firmly convinced that the perch were too small to actually eat the bait enough to get the hook in their mouths. I ended up using TINY ice flys. moved around a bunch after nothing happened for 15 minutes. ended up bringing 5 perchettes home for the fry pan. probably ended up hooking and landing about 20 or so, but with them so small I put them back to grow some more.

after I "unzipped" the perch at home I learned I had two females and three males, all full of the bits needed to make MORE SMALL PERCH times about 1000.

when I left at 4pm there was about 8 inches of WET slush allover the place, edges were "open" in spots along shore and it was not an easy walk to get back on land.

I had a nice day out it was warm and it looks like it wont be too long before I will be casting a slip bobber with hooks from shore up there. I think I have made my last ice fishing trip of the season.

went past east canyon on my way home, not a soul on the ice and it looked worse than PV. I would not go on it. Echo appeared the same with the river channel at the inlet area opening up and what appeared to be patches of open water at the south end, but I suspect they are rotten ice covered in about 10 inches of water, and I have no plan to test that theory.

tight lines. long casts. hard hits.