Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
mobile boat mechanic
need a minor repair in the hooper area tried on the boats and motors but no response geezer said he needs the work but no respose on that site anyone have anyone.
[signature]
BigBuck,

Check yer PM's & gimme a call.
[signature]
Whats wrong with it craig?
[signature]
I've used this guy a few times, he's good to work with and does a good job
http://www.bestboatservice.com/
[signature]
the drive motor on the power tilt ive changed a few years ago but i hurt my shoulder a couple years ago and my left arm is a piece.
[signature]
I second bestboatservice guy I have used him several times. He'll come right to your house and his rates compared to the shops are alot better. And your boats not sitting at the shop for weeks waiting to get fixed.
[signature]
I know this is past due but my boat was sitting there for two weeks. All I wanted was the system bled and the engine checked. When I went to pick up my boat it wasn't even touched, ok...sh** happens, I understand so he sent ME to find the parts I needed. I needed my boat for a tourney and didn't have time to waste so I did it. Parts weren't available unfortunately and I was to pick it up the boat a couple days later. When I showed up there was nobody there and I freaked the (*&^ out. They ended up not charging me anything but I found out later that my transom saver was broken, too much pressure from the tilt had busted it. I will NEVER bring my boat to them again or have any of my friends make the same mistake. I'm glad some have had good service, that makes me feel somewhat better but my boat will be going to Lee's from now on. Live and learn.
[signature]
I'm a mechanic myself so I gotta have a little sympathy for the guy, as you said shit happens. On the other hand, I took a boat to lee's to have it checked out, when I got it back and on the water, I ended up tightening the throttle linkages and adjusting the idle and timing so the dang thing would run since it was all left loose after the "repair". I guess what I'm saying is everyone makes mistakes. I would have to agree that sending you to get your own parts is pretty bad though.
[signature]