Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pictures of Bass and Stripers Powell
We just got back from fishing Lake Powell. It was cold and windy. We found these fish just inside the main bays on points and in the brush. The fish were not in the back of the bays were the water was the warmest witch suprised me. the back of the bays were 2-3 degrees warmer than where the fish were. The were not agressive and were caught with suspending baits, that were paused alot. Anyone been down there in the last week?
[signature]
That's a really nice, healthy looking striped bass. How did you catch it? If you dont mind me asking. I was also wondering which end of the lake you were staying. I will be at lonerock(wahweap) tomorrow afternoon for a week. Hoping to catch grundles of stripers like the one in your first pic. Thanks for the report.

Btw did you realize you posted this twice? Lol[fishon]
[signature]
I will PM you later tonight when I have time. As far as the double post, I'm computer handycaped. I posted the first and then went back to to the forum and did not see my post so I did it again. The second post showed up first???

We were at the other end of the Lake. We stayed at Bullfrog and ran up to Goodhope Bay.
[signature]
Good to see you found a few smallies to play with, and that Striper is nice size. looks like the weather cooperated for ya. What was the water temp?
[signature]
The water temp suprised me it was 60 in the back of the bays on Saturday. But the fish were not in the back they were in the front of the bays just inside the main channel. They had warm weather the week we got there. the weather changed on Sunday. on Monday the same water was 54-55 where the smallies were. We caught the stripers in the same areas as the Smallies only on the other side of the boat, The middle of the small bays and cuts. Do you have and idea why the fish were not in the back of the bays were the water was 2 degrees warmer. I should ask why were the bait fish up closer to the main channel and not in the back of the bays? Anyone?? We wasted about a half a day finding the fish.
[signature]
nice striper dude. I got to hit powell soon thanks for the report
[signature]
Nice post - and hey - welcome. Man - stripers! I was just looking onthe Utah Wildlife page - discovered they've got pics as well as fishing/stocking reports. Hello!

Some of the stringers of Stripers! Word! There were so many fish - had to check, so no limit! Do they breed like their little cousins the White Bass? Saw a video last year of Striper boils - man, vicious fun I'll bet! So I trust them big hefty beasts fight pretty good. Do you go with heavy line-test?

Thanks for the report and info. I'm on the opposite end of the state, but dang! I might need some travel time!