Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Invasive species stickers
Are the Invasive species stickers Available over the counter where you buy licenses ? They weren't last spring but they said that they would be soon.
[signature]
Here in Idaho the Invasive Species charge is now a part of the annual boat registration for residents. Don't know if there is a separate stickle available anymore like there was in the first year of that program.
[signature]
If you are looking for non-motorized you can get them over the counter. I got mine at walmart. Here is a link of vender's

Regional VendorsDownload a list of local vendors [url "http://parksandrecreation.idaho.gov/assets/content/docs/Registration/2010%20Vendor%20List/VendorList_InvasiveSpecies_7-30-10pt.pdf"]here.[/url]
[signature]
I need one for my boat (utah) I just ordered it online
[signature]
I hate the invasive sticker scam.
Just another way to take our $$.

I get the whole invasive species thing, I just don't get how a sticker is going to prevent it.
[signature]
They tell me the boat washes are $250,000 Dollars each . There are three of them a Henry's Lake . There has to be someone there to operate them most of the time . I understand there is one on the Idaho boarder between Utah also . I don't know how many other ones there are in the state . Thats were a lot of the money goes . Curt G.
[signature]
I believe the wash stations are free. They are supposed to be funded by the sticker purchase. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Q. What will the fees cover?
A. The fees generated from the sale of IISF stickers will fund vessel inspections, washing stations and informational materials that will assist Idaho with preventing the introduction of aquatic invasive species like quagga mussels.
[signature]
Thats what I thought I said in my post . The post before mine wanted to know where the money for the stickers was going . Curt G.
[signature]
Sorry After rereading your post I miss read the 250,000 for 250.00 and I thought that you meant it was for the washing of a boat not for a wash station. I need to slow down when reading posts.

Jim
[signature]
No problem I thought my post must not have been clear . I love reading your posts keep them coming . Curt G.
[signature]