Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do I dare?? Jordanelle day two??
We got to the Nell no lake X no lake XYZ [Wink] .. The wind was at about ten or so and COLD 30... The water was a warm 35 [cool] ..
We headed for a spot that in other years at this time had been good, but the water is so low the fish was going over land to other lakes[Wink][crazy][sly]..
So on to other holes, we seen another boat and they had caught two trout, then we got to the next hole and that was dry as well...

Our day was so far cold and windy and the bites we got was fast and the fish just would not hold on...
By the end of the day my fishing buddy did get two very small trout ( if I would have got them they would have been much bigger) and just for the ones that think every one lies if they don't have pictures I will see if I can post them..[inline DSC05703.JPG]
[signature]
How does the rockcliff arm look like today?
[signature]
From half way back muddy the rest of the way back..
[signature]
Thanks. I only use a toon so my launch sites are limited right now. Maybe I'll get there soon.[cool] Looks like a nice productive day for ya.
[signature]
Limited to what Albino? I would think no boats right now, blow up, aluminum, fiberglass...etc.
The Jordanelle site says to wait on the Rock Creek launch also. Hmmm where to go?
[signature]
I have been looking at the north end of the lake but launching from other than the main boat launch would be difficult. Can't wait until they get the new day use area opened up. Then there would be one more choice to choose from. I will keep looking and see where to go,[cool]
[signature]
I wouldn't necessarily call those SMALL trout, Cliff. That is one fat bow!
Just curious, in your other blasphemous post, you said the trout tangle your lines. What do you mean? Is it on your drop shot rig?
really I'm just curious, please don't think I'm trying to start something [angelic]
[signature]
When you fight with a trout they spin like an alligator and on a drop shot the weight makes knots around the hook..

Not all the time but a lot..
[signature]
The road along the west side puts you close to the water in two or three places...And some good water..[crazy]
[signature]
LOL, nice opening blog on this post.
[signature]
Thanks, I will look into it.
[signature]
Great fish !! Great report !! I'll be tooning the lake this yr.. So keep the reports coming.. Thanks
[signature]
Pack it in
PACK IT OUT ! 
Great report, even if it's wasn't your busiest fish day. Um, and I'd second that. Those aren't small trout, and TRUST me - I know small trout.
It' the big ones I don't know much about! haha

I hear ya on that twisty thing. They nailed me a bunch of times under the ice- wrapping up my camera line, or the other pole.
Had a hit the other day that sure felt a lot bigger. Lots of fight in THIS pup I thought! Got it in to find he'd been foul hooked behind the dorsal. No wonder - he was swimming away from me, not dragged by the jaw. Sad thing was - as I tried to lift him the lure broke off, and he swam away with it (so if anyone catches a rainbow with a lil' jake stuck to his backside - I want it back! That lure rocks!)

Thanks for the report. Nice fish.
It was a fun day, but just a little cold..
[signature]
Some days are fun, some days are easy, and then there are the days that are fun and easy...
[signature]
Each lake has big fish in it, some just have bigger then others...The trick is to find the lure or bait they want that day and time..
[signature]