Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"What was that?"
I've been an avid fisherman since the age of 5 when my father took me fishing and never got to fish himself because I was pulling them in so fast.<br>I have loved every glorious minute from the bug bites and sunburns to the occasional soaking from spring showers.<br>I've never been deep sea fishing before so I've never felt the extreme fight of a large fish...I guess that's why I wasn't expecting what happened when I went fishing one morning.<br>The day was gloriously hot at 8AM in Georgia and I was determined to work on my tan. The one thing you always have to be careful about in Georgia is alligators. You never know when there might be one nearby. Shoot, I've even heard of them getting into someones swimming pool.<br>I'd loaded up my cooler with sodas and my bait bucket with nightcrawlers. I was determined to spend a relaxing day catching whatever fish happened along.<br>I was fishing in a relatives pond. The pond was larger than a normal pond but smaller than a lake and although the water was beautiful it was too deep to be clear.<br>Baiting my hook I tossed my line out as far as I could into the deepest part of the pond and sat back to enjoy the day in my chair.<br>I didn't have a bite for the first 20 minutes so my attention began to wander to my surroundings. I started watching the birds whose scampering around was almost comical when all of a sudden I was pulled literally upright and almost dragged into the pond.<br>My yell of surprise definitely startled the local wildlife.<br>My pole bent in half and for every step I took back I was drug two steps forward right down to the waters edge.<br>Thought the fight lasted for only moments it seemed forever until I was uncerimoniously dumped on my behind, my line slack in the water.<br>Now this would have been one of those Fish that Got Away stories if it hadn't been that a relative came by and witnessed the whole thing laughing his fool head off.<br>To this day I believe that an alligator came down for lunch and tried to drag me in to dinner. <br><br>by Xena : Friday 13 October, 2000 <br><br>Submit your Fishing Adventure Stories to win great prizes at ReMemory.Com