Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oregon Fishing Update
Oregon Fishing Update<br><br><br>December 7th - December 13th, 2001<br><br>Fisheries update: You might notice The Guide's Forecast is oddly sparse of hot knowledge this week. Well, we don't have a lot to work with seeing how mother nature has brought monsoon season upon us. Forgive us for the lack of detail but when all else fails, blame Mother Nature! <br><br>The north coast is awash again this week as we continue to get pounded by storm after storm. When the waters do become fishable, they all have steelhead in them. The Wilson, Trask, Kilchis and Nestucca are the best bets for the larger streams on the north coast. <br><br>The smaller streams like Three Rivers, The Kilchis, North Fork Nehalem and Necanicum are better bets when the flows are up. Chinook are still quite possible on the Wilson and Kilchis and remotely possible on the Nestucca and Trask Rivers. Wild coho are still coming into the area rivers so don't mistake one for a steelhead, as this is a severe offense! <br><br>The North Fork of the Santiam River is running high and is full of debris. Anglers on the Sandy and Clackamas Rivers report taking Steelhead. The John Day Arm has been putting out some steelhead. Snake River steelheading has been hot. <br><br>Sturgeon fishing has remained very good in the Columbia with the hotspot below Bonneville Dam. Walter Wirth and Walling Pond will be stocked next week. Town and Cape Meares Lakes have received surplus summer steelhead. Crabbing will be poor this weekend. <br><br>Paid subscriber Wayne L. Writes, "As a loyal subscriber to your weekly report, I've found your information to be accurate and helpful. It's been definitely worth more that the subscription price. Keep those weekly reports coming." <br><br>Paid Subscriber Paul J. Writes, "My deepest thanks to TGF and your great reports; they kept me motivated and informed. I would have done it without you, cause I'm stubborn that way, but you guys really made it easier and more fun. I just renewed for two years, so keep up the good work ...." <br><br>Have this sent to you for free each week, sign up for our paid subscription or get more Oregon fishing information at <br>http://www.theguidesforecast.com/<br><br>Get more Oregon fishing information at<br>http://www.theguidesforecast.com