Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
my new epoxy minnow
this is my first attempt at epoxy...... what do you guys and gals think give my some pointers,,, pros and cons

[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000][size 2]Might want to reduce the size of your pixs to less than 100kb.
[/size][/#800000][/font][inline dropshot.jpg]

[center]
[signature]
It looks good to me! I haven't made any of the epoxy flies myself though. Have you tried it in the water yet? How does it move?

Really I guess it is ultimately up to the fish! I would think that they will love it. [Smile]
[signature]
looks great to me... what did you tie it up with?

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
thanx guys ...... no i havent had it in water yet, i cant wait to try it tho.......this weekend!!!! i tied it with a white buck tail for the belly, a olive buck tail for the back, grizz hackle for the body and some peach flashabou for some flash . the eyes are a silver stick on 3d eye and epoxy for the head
[signature]
Very nice, can't wait to hear about all the fish it hooks, cause it looks like it can do the job.
[signature]
again.. .great looking fly...

did you dab it with a red marker for that gill look??

MacFly
[signature]
YES.... i was hoping flygodess would chime in ha ha [Wink]
im going to let it loose on deer creek or the nelle this weekend. gotta get the toon out, and yes the gill look was done with a red sharpi marker, and the top of the head was also done with a olive sharpi before the epoxy
[signature]
[center][font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000][Image: happy.gif]Nice work there dropshot. [/#008000][/font]
[center][font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000]BTW what kind of hook did you use?[/#008000][/font]
[signature]
thank you sir, it is a umpqua TIEMCO #8 streamer hook
[signature]